Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
• Support department objectives and company goals
• Be a team player
• Sustain a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude at all times
• Accommodate requests with a smile and "can do" attitude
• Adhere to manager directives
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
• Arrive on time, properly dressed and prepared to work
• Perform all duties in a timely, accurate, honest and professional manner
• Communicate with customers professionally and in accordance with customer service standards
• Be respectful of others
• Serve as a customer technical contact.
• Implement internal test procedures as developed by the Sr. Engineer and/or Program Manager.
• Conduct tests in accordance with industry standards, customer test plans and internal test procedures.
• Support the implementation and operation of test equipment (includes design, fabrication, set-up, programming, functional verification, and calibration).
• Interface with and update engineering staff and upper management on status of projects.
• Assist the program manager with training of test technicians and engineers.
• Provide schedules and timely responses to customers.
• Work with and support other MET personnel as needed.
• Maintaining efficient, neat and presentable facilities.
• Follow company policies and customer service standards.
• Support laboratory audits.
• Maintain METrak (RFB, task status, project review, etc.)
• Assist with Field testing (mostly in Mechanicsville Maryland)
• Other duties as deemed appropriate by management and for which management believes adequate experience exists, or for which knowledge can be easily obtained in order to perform such duties.
• Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field.
• Possess a good understanding of optical, mechanical, and electrical engineering concepts.
• Clean driving record
• Knowledge of Fiber Optic Theory and Industry test standards, such as, EIA/TIA-455, Telcordia, and MIL-PRF/DTL specifications.
• Experience with Optical Component testing using the following testing methodologies - insertion loss, reflectance, PDL, PMD, bandwidth, optical band pass, Optical Discontinuity, laser safety, and others.
• Experience with Optical Component testing using the following Equipment - Tunable Lasers, Power Meters, Polarization Analyzers, Interferometers, Optical Spectrum Analyzers, OTDRs, Spectrometers, OCETS, Fusion Splicers, and others.
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
• Ability to maintain confidentially
• Needs to be receptive to and accepting guidance from others
• Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Able to work in a diverse group of people
• Attention to detail
• Willing to work overtime as necessary
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Travel as needed
• Able to sit for long periods of time
• Able to lift up to 30 pounds
• Ability to climb ladders and use scissor lifts to mount devices, such as antennas
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago