The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. "HORIBARIANs," the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Automotive is a leading supplier in the fields of engine test systems, driveline test systems, brake test systems, wind tunnel balances and emissions test systems. More than just the world's leading supplier of emissions testing systems, HORIBA Automotive is able to provide total solutions to its customers, with full turnkey capability.
Our North American Automotive Test Systems group is searching for an experienced engineer to provide project leadership for planning and executing complex automotive test applications. If you have experience managing large projects from beginning to end and motivating a team to accomplish project deliverables on time, within budget and that delight customers, please keep reading and visit our corporate website www.horiba.com to learn more.
- Determines equipment and materials needed to prepare, design or build the test method or application based on customer specification
- When/where required, designs special test rig components and/or develops test system configuration drawings. Ensures safety is addressed in all aspects of the test application.
- Assists with the design, manufacturing, installation, calibration, commissioning, start-up and sign-off and training on test applications as assigned by the Laboratory Engineering Manager.
- Provides technical assistance to the laboratory technicians in response to customer requirements/requests; approves equipment specifications and manages test documentation in accordance with the Laboratory Management System.
- Interfaces with customers and ensures all assigned test applications are conducted in accordance with both customer's specifications and the Laboratory Management System.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/Technology.
- 5+ years automotive related testing laboratory experience.
- Ability to design/develop test solutions and/or test systems that meet the requirements of a customer provided test method/application. This may include designing of special fixtures or developing special test system controls.
- Working knowledge of both hydraulic and electrical systems, DC/AC power systems and motors, various control systems (closed loop, CANBUS, PLC) data acquisition hardware and instrumentation
- Ability to develop a test plan to ensure all required test equipment and materials and resources meet the customer's target completion date and test requirements.
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email Jo Brodbeck or call (248) 925-1012 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
This job has expired.