Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
The Territory Business Manager represents Dexcom, calling on physicians, hospitals, clinics, pharmacies and other institutions that focus on diabetes care and providing technical expertise to customers regarding Dexcom's products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Influence physicians, diabetes education nurses and other health care professionals to prescribe Dexcom products to their patients.
- Train health care professionals in how to use Dexcom products and integrate them into their diabetes practice.
- Represent Dexcom at local, regional and national trade shows and diabetes exhibits to promote Dexcom products to the diabetes community.
- Provide education on Dexcom products to pharmacies within the assigned territory.
- Partner with managed care team and other departments to facilitate territory sales growth.
- Implement Dexcom strategy and monitor progress towards sales goal achievement through the use of Dexcom analytical tools.
- Responsible and accountable for meeting territory sales goals, as assigned.
- Complete all administrative requirements in a timely fashion as directed by management.
- Extensive local travel Required (Up to 50%)
Responsible for selling the company's medical devices. Calls on physicians, hospitals, clinics and other organizations that require medical device products as well as scientific instruments that focus on patient care and/or diagnosis. Incumbent may be responsible for both existing and new accounts. Responsible for the sale of the company's products within an assigned territory or geographic region. Complies with applicable laws in providing physicians with literature. Provides expertise and customer service to accounts. Provides technical expertise to clients regarding company's products. May gather data on marketing trends and competitive products and pricing. Builds relationships with customers to influence the acceptance and use of company's products.Functional/Business Knowledge
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Demonstrates further technical development and a track record of project success.
- Demonstrates an ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Considered a specialist in the field within the function.
- Assists in determining objectives of assignment. Plan schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Networks with senior internal and external colleagues in own area of expertise.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Experience and Education
- A fully qualified, career-oriented position. Has complete knowledge of company products and services.
- Responsible for selling the company's products or services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5-8 years of related experience.
- Work requires significant local and potential overnight travel to current and potential clients.
- Requires the possession of a valid state driver's license, automobile insurance, and satisfactory Driving Record as determined by company policy.
- Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends and/or evening work.
- Previous medical and/or pharma sales experience with a track record of high sales success preferred.
- Previous sales experience that is non-medical and/or pharma will be considered.
- Diabetes disease state knowledge is a plus
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.