INCREASED HIRING RATES!
You're happiest outdoors, so why not work where you play? Join the Parks division and be a part of what makes your Nebraska state parks unforgettable.
What we can offer you:
• Hands-on training
• Fun and flexible environment
• Education in nature and historic appreciation
• Outdoor recreation that promotes healthy lifestyles
• Service that contributes to tourism and local economies
• Opportunity for professional growth
• Respect as a valued team member
Positions available at the Temporary Park Worker III level may include:
• Lifeguard - certification training provided (Chadron State Park, Eugene T. Mahoney State Park, Fort Robinson State Park, Louisville SRA, Niobrara State Park, Platte River State Park and Ponca State Park)
• Facility Maintenance Lead
• Lead concessions/guest services (opportunities for Pool, Marina, Activity Center, Climbing Wall, and more)
• Head Wrangler
• Jeep or team driver (Fort Robinson State Park)
• And more!
Find out more at www.outdoornebraska.gov/workinapark
Examples of Work
Perform custodial duties which include groundskeeping, maintenance of buildings and equipment; inspect and clean park grounds, mow, rake, plant and snow removal.
Oversee the horse barn/groom and feed horses plan trail ride schedules; clean-up stable area; provide off-road jeep tours, provide tourists with biological and historical information on the park perform guard duties.
Lifeguard duties, oversee guests activities such as supervising the shooting range attendants. Assist with large park events such as scheduling, registrations, data entry, and equipment.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: At least three months experience working in a recreational area, scenic attraction, hospitality, historical, retail or customer service setting, agricultural setting, or related coursework/training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: the operation of various types of powered equipment and machinery; modern office methods and procedures; housekeeping, food service, storekeeping, history, animal husbandry, agricultural practices, wildlife or recreation; the history, culture and recreational use of the tourist attraction.
Ability to: meet and deal effectively with the public; understand and follow instructions; make routine decisions; communicate effectively; apply proper phone etiquette; safely operate various types of powered equipment and machinery; add and subtract numbers and perform other basic arithmetic calculations; plan, assign and coordinate the work of others.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posted 11 minutes ago
Posted 11 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago