Benjamin Moore & Co., a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading manufacturer of innovative, high-quality coatings for the architectural and industrial maintenance markets. Partnering with over 7,500 independent paint retailers, Benjamin Moore provides and supports the best in color matching tools and technology. We are currently looking for a Technologist to join our Color Technology team.
In this role, you will engage with Benjamin Moore retailers and internal personnel in the support and installation of our unique color matching software and equipment. This position offers great opportunities for growth and development.
The Technologist job is an exciting chance to join a team that promotes and recognizes innovation. We are seeking motivated individuals who will assist in producing world-class products and designing pioneering retailer color tools using the latest technologies.
Please review the responsibilities and requirements for the position. We look forward to reviewing your resume.
Desired Experience / Qualifications:
- Support and train dealers and sales personnel on the implementation, use and maintenance of dealer technology products, i.e., COLORx, color matching, dispensers, and spectrophotometers
- Test and validate data and feature updates to COLORx, our proprietary electronic formula book and color matching software
- Assist in the installation of the color delivery systems as well as explain and demonstrate the capabilities and various uses of the software program and manuals
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems such as poor color matches, error messages and hardware and software malfunctions
- Council dealers on general computer questions and advise on compatible hardware purchases
- Act as a liaison between the Color Technology Department and the level I service desk: communicating relevant technical information; identifying recurring issues and reporting to the appropriate department for resolution
- HS Diploma
- 2+ years experience in technical support with hands-on experience supporting Windows
- Working knowledge of network essentials, connectivity issues and dial-in functions is a plus
- Benjamin Moore product knowledge as well as color systems skills a plus
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate solutions to a non-technical user
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Some Travel (possibly overnight) required
- Organizational skills and the ability to work independently required
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills are a must
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity, and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services, and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies, and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
You worked hard for your degree -- now it's time to put that pricey paper to work for you! Benjamin Moore offers a Student Loan Repayment Program that contributes to reducing your student loan debt. As a new employee hired into this role you would be eligible for an enhanced monthly contribution of $200 per month up to $6,000. Join our team and fast-track your way to financial freedom!Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence, and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore. At Benjamin Moore & Co, we don't just accept difference -- we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive because it benefits our employees, our products, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Benjamin Moore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.Safety
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.Benefits
Benjamin Moore offers a range of considerable benefits that support employees and eligible family members, including same-sex spouses. These comprehensive benefits begin the first day of the month after the date of hire and include health care coverage, ways to save for the future, tuition reimbursement, and other resources to improve health and well-being.
This job has expired.