This job has expired.
South Western Communications
South Western Communications, SWC, is one trusted source for communication, physical security and life safety solutions to meet the needs of Healthcare, Education, Detention and Commercial customers. We utilize a consultative approach to conduct an in-depth needs analysis, enabling our customers to fulfill their mission critical processes. We continuously research and select only the best-in class product collection. We utilize these products to create an integrated solution with your goals and needs in mind, ensuring satisfaction and flawless integration. At SWC, we strive to exceed your expectations and invest the time and resources into every job because we care about our customers.
SWC TECHNICIAN - HEALTHCARE - Chattanooga and Knoxville, TN
Reports to: Project Manager, Full-Time, Hourly, Full Benefit Package
Primary Role: Responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic communication systems, with experience in VOIP, SIP, computer and networking systems. The Systems Technician is responsible for installing and servicing the systems in the most efficient and effective manner to assure minimum down time and maximum performance. The technician is responsible for communicating system performance to the customer. Nurse Call Experience preferred.
**RAULAND OR EXECUTONE NURSE CALL EXPERIENCE ARE PREFERRED**
1. Responsible for the final hookup and programming of electronics equipment for new jobs
2. Responds to customer's service-related issues promptly
3. Tests and documents readings for customer's systems
4. Updates customer files
5. Troubleshoots and repairs electronic components
6. Responsible for handling on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis
7. Trains and instructs the customer on the proper use of the equipment
8. Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
9. Responsible for operation of the following test equipment: Volt Meter, Ohm Meter, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Multi-meter, and Impedance Meter
10. Assists with preventive maintenance of customer equipment
11. Responsible for accurate tracking on time sheets, service/installation tickets and inventory items
12. Full compliance with company's and customer's safety program
13. Other duties as required or assigned by company management
Accountability: The Systems Technician will be accountable to the Project Manager. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees and customers of the company.
1. A two-year electronics degree or equivalent combination of education and 1-3 years related field experience is desirable.
2. Working knowledge of communications systems is required.
3. Experience with VoIP, telephony, data networks, wireless data, fire alarm, CCTV, sound systems, or nurse call applications preferred.
4. Cisco and Microsoft certifications desirable.
Minimum: High school graduate. Must be able to read and write at Basic English proficiency. Must be able to compute basic math functions without difficulty. Can read CAD generated prints and building blueprints and riser diagrams. Has solid grasp of basic electronics/electrical theory - formal instruction is preferred. Is proficient with PC and has proven aptitude in simple engineering and construction.
Preferred: Associates Degree in Electronics, IT or Computer Programming; NSCA CEST Certification, NICET certification. RCDD and factory training a plus.
Travel: Some out of town travel may be required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
3. Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
6. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
7. Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
8. Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
9. Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
10. Valid and current driver's license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
1. Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
2. Some light lifting of objects up to 50 lbs. is required.
3. Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
Management reserves the right to amend this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
East Providence, Rhode Island
Posted 34 minutes ago
Posted 34 minutes ago
Posted 34 minutes ago