For 100 years, Tampa Armature Works, Inc. (TAW), an industrial equipment distribution and service company headquartered in Riverview, FL., has demonstrated its commitment to quality and reliability. We seek out and apply the latest technologies and best practices to provide our customers with products and services that are more dependable than our competitors.
One of the greatest strengths TAW exhibits is a highly skilled and dedicated workforce that routinely solves increasingly complex and dynamic problems. TAW strives to employ and advance the finest people to further our mission as a leader in innovative solutions to the power industry, and YOU are a part of that mission. Built on our Core Values: Accountability, Safety, Integrity, Quality, Innovation and Teamwork , TAW takes pride in consistently creating a corporate culture with high employee morale.
Job Summary: The Training Specialist will enhance the competencies of individual employees by designing and conducting training programs that will boost employee's workplace performance in alliance with company's core values. You will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials and for managing all phases of training interventions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Delivers group and individual instruction and training covering a range of technical and/or management areas.
- Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses.
- Meet with managers and supervisors to ascertain needs and train employees for specific jobs.
- Translate requirements into trainings that will groom employees for the next step of their career path.
- Build annual training program and prepare teaching plans.
- Develop or oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals.
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results.
- Handle logistics, manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Conduct surveys.
- Acclimate new hires to the business and conduct orientation sessions.
- Supervise technical training for staff or partner with third party vendors to conduct training.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior.
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
- Develops and maintains continual education support materials to be used for reference once training has been completed.
- Assist with the development of strategic plans.
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary.
- Develops and monitors spending against the departmental budget.
- Train and coach managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Works effectively as a team member with members of management.
- Plan and oversee Leadership / Supervisory Training.
- NANTEL: Proxy and Administrator for Nuclear Safety Training to work in Nuclear Power Plants (Nuclear Side) or for Power System EGSA Certification.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in education, Human Resources; or 5 years in a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
- Certification such as ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) desired.
- Knowledge of adult instructional and learning theory and principles.
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles.
- Proven ability to master the full training cycle.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques.
- Sound decision making and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals.
- Proficiency in MS Office and in database software and adequate knowledge of learning management software.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
TAW is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer including disabled and Veterans.
This job has expired.