At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere-we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect.We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as theirmost authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture-our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together,let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Core Technology Engineering (CTE) is a new multi-disciplinary group at Intuitive with the goal to improve the speed, efficiency, and quality of product development across multiple business units. We do this by creating industry-leading development tools, engineering highly re-usable building blocks, and providing rapid-response engineering services. CTE is looking for a technical program manager who will create efficient processes for our new org and drive group-wide development initiatives.
Primary Function of Position:
The technical program manager will work closely with functional leaders to define, plan, and execute programs of inter-related projects that deliver value in support of CTE goals. The role will be the lead interface between CTE development teams and key stakeholders across business units. Success will be measured by the positive impact our key initiatives have across business units.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Drive a portfolio of Core Technology Engineering project initiatives
· Tailor design control processes for internal software platform/tool development
· Ensure high-value projects are properly scoped, resourced, documented, and communicated to minimize risk and deliver on-time/on-budget
· Create and maintain CTE project schedules and budgets
· Communicate project status, critical path, and potential risks to the organization
· Monitor business unit development priorities and keep CTE deliverables aligned
· Track program deliverables, key metrics, and develop reporting mechanisms
· Solicit stakeholder feedback and track utilization to validate project success
· Facilitate new project prioritization with analysis of current and past projects
· Continuously assess and improve project processes and tools
· Interface with business unit project managers to track CTE resources
Document and manage CTE long-term goal
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
· Minimum four-year degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) in computer science, engineering, or a related field. MS/MA is a plus.
· Minimum 8 years relevant work experience with software development, product development, project management, or program management
· Minimum 3 years proven experience managing projects or programs
· Experience with development of software products, software infrastructure, software tools, data platforms, or a related area is strongly desired
· Experience with project phases and product lifecycles (e.g., ideation, concept, design, development, V&V, and manufacturing transfer)
· Strong project management, resource planning, decision making, negotiating, and change management skills
· Strong detail, organizational, and presentation skills
· Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
· Ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals, and drive execution
· Ability to work independently, multitask, and prioritize duties
· Ability to work effectively in cross-functional project teams
· Experience making tradeoffs (features, customer needs, timing, and cost)
· Experience with schedule, budget, cost, and risk tracking tools
· Experience with JIRA, MS Project, SmartSheet, Confluence
· Certification in project management (PMP) desired
· Medical device, robotics, or mechatronics experience is a plus
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Day
Travel : NoneTravel Requirements:None Shift:Day
Posted 4 minutes ago
Posted 4 minutes ago
Posted 2 minutes ago