Together, we move the world-we've been doing it for over 100 years. At MAHLE, as a leading international development partner and systems supplier to the automotive industry, we pursue the objective of making mobility more efficient, more environmentally friendly, more convenient, and more economical. As part of our dual strategy, we are working both on the intelligent combustion engine for the use of hydrogen and other nonfossil fuels and on technologies for fuel cells and e-mobility.
With more than 72,000 employees, MAHLE generated sales of approximately EUR 9,8 billion in 2020 and is represented in over 30 countries with 160 locations, including 12 major research and development centers. Join our MAHLE team! #StrongerTogether
Your Role & Responsibilities
Your Skills & Strengths
- SUMMARY: The Powertrain Design & Analysis Technical Expert will be responsible for the:
- Development of technical solutions for engineering projects, best practices for design work, selection & development of design tools.
- Design teams delivery mechanisms and providing technical advice to the department.
- Technical support of business development activities.
- Interact with all relevant disciplines to ensure successful project delivery.
- Recruitment of department personnel.
- Personnel development through technical mentoring.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and participates in department activities to design, analyze, test, and develop powertrains, improve engineering methods and design techniques.
- Provides specialist technical advice and direction to department.
- Provide lead technical interface to customer as required.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, and concepts.
- Responsible for design department process development and implementation, including quality system ownership.
- Responsible for all mechanisms of design delivery, including specification development, design reviews, BOM creation and maintenance, design release mechanisms, goods in process, etc.
- Direct development of best development practices, design tool selection and new technical capabilities.
- Participation in business development and quote writing activities - up to 25% of time.
- Maintains a working knowledge of design tools, new technologies and market requirements then develops recommendations for projects and department technical direction accordingly.
- Determine direction of assigned technical area, including equipment, software, industry requirements, etc.
- Confers with management and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new existing products.
- Advises management of new development that may affect profit, schedule, cost customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Attends conferences and other forums and activities to remain informed of industry research trends and gaps.
- Lead and/or manage projects as required.
- Personnel management related to project delivery as necessary for department success.
- Confers with engineering supervisors to outline work-plan and to agree on duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Work with managers and supervisors to identify recruitment and training requirements and support personnel development through technical mentoring, training suggestions, etc.
- Participates in activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress as schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Prepares project reports for management, clients or others.
- Ensure ethical conduct and a customer focus on customer programs.
- Required to observe all safety rules and regulations. Must act safely and be responsible for the safety of others around the work area.
- Maintain awareness of, and meet, the requirements of the Company Quality System.
- Employees duties are not limited to those stated above, but are inclusive of any tasks assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Bachelors degree and 7 or years of experience is Required; Masters degree plus 5 or more years of related experience is Preferred
- Proven technical ability through project delivery and technical success (hardware/publications etc)
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people such as management, all MPT departments, as well as customers and supplier representatives
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customer and industry peers
- Knowledge of industry processes and procedures is Required
- In depth knowledge of the capabilities of a range of design tools, preferably including CAD plus FE and CFD analysis is Required
- Knowledge of prototype and volume production techniques
- Knowledge of industry quality requirements
- Experience in industry development systems and technologies
- Ability to identify potential customer strengths and weaknesses in capability and adjust approach to win business
- Presentation skills, including formal report writing, in-depth data analysis and interpretation into customer application
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.
This job has expired.