TDY Physical Therapist
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you'll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You'll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Provides full-time, quality outpatient and inpatient physical therapy care. Treats all patient age ranges and diagnoses within the State of Alaska's physical therapy scope of practice. Incorporates evidenced-based medicine into patient plans of care. Exemplifies professional conduct, patient care ethics and respect for cultural diversity when rendering patient care. Modifies patient care plans appropriately, using age specific and patient specific considerations. Supports the Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation's mission statement. Position Qualifications:
- Must have Bachelor's degree from an Accredited program in Physical Therapy.
- No minimum clinical experience required. Hospital-based experience helpful.
- Must be licensed in good standing in Alaska as a Physical Therapist, or have all appropriate FSBPT paperwork completed to work as a Student Physical Therapist post-graduation while studying to take the licensure exam. Current BLS.
- Hospital based: Standard Physical Therapy Department environment includes hi-lo table, whirlpool, therapeutic exercise equipment, ultrasound and electric stimulation modalities, etc.
- Village-based: Usually a treatment table is provided. Therapists bring out what is needed for patient care (theraband, exercise programs, etc.).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret physical therapy periodicals and medical literature. Ability to compose patient care documentation and medical correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with medical staff, peers and administrative personnel. Ability to communicate effectively with members of a different culture who may or may not speak English.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including basic MS Office programs and e-mail. Ability to utilize the internet to access medical literature beneficial to patient care.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- School loan repayment eligibility
- Tort Claims coverage
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: 1-800-478-8905.
YKHC exercises Federal Law (PL 93-638), which allows American Indian/Alaska Native preference in hiring for all positions.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
ID:14772Location:BethelDepartment:Therapy ServicesEmployment Duration:TemporaryTemporary Status:Direct TDYHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.