Aries is undergoing a wide-ranging technology evolution. We are moving from a traditional, datacentre-based technology stack to an Agile, AWS-hosted platform, built following DevOps practices. We have the investment and the enthusiasm for change. Now we are looking for a Level 1 Systems Engineer, who is up for the challenge working on this transformation.
We expect this role to evolve quickly, as we move to the cloud, allowing you to learn new technologies and ways of working.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an entry level Systems Engineer to join us in our North Andover office. You will be an integral part of an IT Operations function that performs production support as well as internal end-user desktop support. You will provide high quality and professional technical support for various IT services across local and regional offices. You will be required to build excellent end-user relationships and gain a good understanding of business-critical periods, processes and applications.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that our business colleagues are working as efficiently as possible. This requires you to provide excellent customer and technical support, resolving incidents and problems as quickly as possible. Applying workarounds and resolutions to IT Incidents to restore acceptable IT Services to the Business to allow colleagues of Aries to achieve their work goals.
Secondary, but equally important, is support of our production infrastructure.
- Perform end-user support functions, both locally (when circumstances allow) and remotely.
- Perform laptop builds, new user setups, and help resolve internal user support tickets
- Work with Customer Services as well as vendors, to provide problem analysis, identification, and resolution of complex issues
- Regular liaison and the building of good relations with Customer Services
- Log all issues into the ticketing system
- Support our production infrastructure:
- Server builds and support
- Network operations (routers, firewalls, switches)
- Backup and restore tasks
- Form part of the on-call team
Must Haves (things we will ask you to tell us about when we talk):
- Experience working in systems administration with Windows systems (desktop and server)
- Experience providing user support and system troubleshooting
Nice to Haves (even more things it would be great if you knew about):
- Experience with AWS
- Experience deploying configuration management via Ansible, Powershell or similar
- Microsoft server technologies (SQL, etc)
- Hands on experience of implementing infrastructure and service-based monitoring solutions
- Source code version control systems, e.g., GitHub
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.