Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
The site superintendent will be responsible for the day to day overall operations of the Belle, WV HYCO site and directly responsible for the areas of production and/or maintenance activities. Supervises and trains facility technicians. Implements safety programs, meets fixed and variable cost commitments, executes reliability programs, and complies with quality system as well as governmental regulations as required.
The Superintendent will supervise the operation of the unit, compressors, and associated equipment to continuously supply products in quantities and qualities safely and economically, complying with all environmental regulations and daily customer requirements.
Additional responsibilities will include:
Maximizing reliability in order to avoid unscheduled shutdowns resulting in interruption of supply to customers.
- Keeping the manager informed of deviation to operating plan.
- Ensures technicians are trained to continuously monitor and proactively check the operation for efficiency. Adjusts controls in response to changes in operational conditions, and strives to anticipate problems before they occur, including the following but not limited to,
- Ensures technicians are trained to monitor refractory line piping and vessels, maintain amine unit performance, monitor compression equipment.
- Ensures technicians daily, weekly, monthly and yearly duties are performed to Praxair expectations and documentation is completed.
- Ensures water chemistry is maintained within specific parameters and work closely with boiler chemistry global supplier.
- Ensures all necessary production logs/shift notes and records are properly maintained.
- Uses company standards in operating the facility safely, reliably, and efficiently at all time.
- Ensures that SSOPs are used to start and stop major equipment and processes to prevent unnecessary process delays and to maintain operational consistency and reliability.
- Frequently reviews SSOPs, SOPs and SMPs in order to provide guidance in procedural updates.
- Process safety stewardship in all aspects; site safety program, management of change (MOC's), compliance with Ops Alerts, process hazard analysis and abnormal situation management, etc.
- Ensures corrective maintenance requests and performs required PMs and coordinates daily maintenance activities with operations. Ensure the full use of the EAM work order system.
- Effectively communicates operating instructions and guidelines to technicians and communicates deviations as needed.
- Providing technical support to operations personnel, and coordination with the maintenance and shutdown organizations, for optimization of the site resources and avoidance of unscheduled shutdowns.
- TAR planning/support. Scheduling and working with contractors, support groups, I/E techs, etc.
- Effectively communicates with customer and suppliers being able to secure competitive quotes.
- Active support and participation in driving reliability initiatives through root cause analysis, idea generation and cost reduction.
- Effectively communicates to technicians, manager, plant engineers, and the business group.
- Delivery and support of cost saving initiatives to accomplish productivity targets.
- Is accountable for adhering to all Corporate and plant policies including OSHA PSM, EPA , and WVDEP air, water, and waste regulations.
- Schedules the technician's work hours.
- Oversees training of technicians on all plant equipment.
- Evaluate all direct reports twice per year.
- Flexibility in work schedule to support operations during startup, shutdown or unplanned events.
- Able to work in confined spaces and at elevated levels.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Bachelor's Degree or 10+ years Operations/refining experience
- 5+ years Demonstrated Leadership/Management experience