SMU's more than 12,000 diverse, high-achieving students come from all 50 states and 90 countries to take advantage of the University's small classes, hands-on research opportunities, leadership development, community service, international study and innovative programs. The University offers a strong foundation in the humanities and sciences and undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs through eight schools.
Now in its second century of achievement, SMU is increasingly recognized for the ways it supports students, faculty and alumni as they become ethical leaders in their professions and communities. On the most beautiful college campus in the country, SMU Mustangs are energized by unbridled opportunities - from teaching, learning and research to creativity, performance and athletic endeavor.
About the Position:
The main function of a Student Accounts Advisor is to provide customized counsel to individual students and parents regarding their financial account through on-campus and on-demand customer service using a skilled analysis and research of the account. This role acts as a front line to all student financial related inquiries and issues through operation of the front desk representative. In addition, the SAA is responsible for the daily processing and posting of payments, and collection of outstanding balances in the current academic year. Collection of this money supports the operation of the University.
- Be available in-office to assist students and parents with customized counsel for questions/issues related to payment and student account charges. Daily work the UG and athlete caseload assigned for 300+ past due accounts through research and communication with students to resolve past due balances. Contact parents, financial aid office, academic departments, and etc. to resolve account issues.
- Receive mail and post payments daily by cash or check to process transactions and prepare deposits. Open and close cashiering each day according to procedures. Prepare paperwork to be scanned to maintain a record of payments through imaging.
- Responsible for the third-party billing accounts. Collect vouchers, credit accounts before payment due date, customize and submit invoices after the add/drop date, communicate with companies and reconcile accounts. Responsible for posting and monitoring the Independent 529 payments and updating pertinent information as needed through the portal. Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director.
- Provide a high level of customer service and maintain a professional attitude at all times. Actively participate in staff development, divisional meetings, and support new student orientation. Represent the Office of the University Bursar to other departments and schools.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor's degree is required; preferably degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
A minimum of one year of experience is required. A year of full-time customer service experience and student account collection experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Candidate with PeopleSoft knowledge is preferred. Candidate with MS Word and Excel software skills is required. Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate broadly across the University and develop and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of constituencies. Must also demonstrate strong written communication skills.
Candidate must possess strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and analyze problems, as well as devise solutions. Must also have strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
- Sit for long periods of time
Deadline to Apply:
Priority consideration will be given to those candidates that apply by 09/09/2022.
Open until filled.
SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies and may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, email@example.com.
SMU offers staff a broad, competitive array of health and related benefits. In addition to traditional benefits such as health, dental, and vision plans, SMU offers a wide range of wellness programs to help attract, support, and retain our employees whose work continues to make SMU an outstanding education and research institution.
SMU is committed to providing an array of retirement programs that benefit and protect you and your family throughout your working years at SMU and, if you meet SMU's retirement eligibility criteria, during your retirement years after you leave SMU.
The value of learning at SMU isn't just about preparing our students for the future. Employees have access to a wide variety of professional and personal development opportunities, including tuition benefits.