Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking for a Structural Engineer reporting to the Manager of Civil/Structural/Architectural Department in our Tucker, GA office.
- Develop design concepts through to detailed design stage.
- Design tasks mainly involve load determination, stress analysis, structural steel design using computational software design tools and hand calculations as appropriate.
- Coordinate structural engineering with other engineering disciplines.
- Prepare work scope documents and technical specifications.
- Evaluate supplier bids for compliance to internal & client specifications and scopes of work. Provide technical evaluation of supplier bids and present to project management.
- Support the estimating and proposals teams by preparing preliminary designs, technical write-ups and specifications for cost estimating purposes.
- Conduct on-site inspections and troubleshooting investigations as required. Work in a team environment with other disciplines.
- Operate within the company's Quality system and Safety Policy in all phases of assignments.
Skills / Qualifications
- 4-year Civil/Structural Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree desirable.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- Knowledge of US steel design codes, familiarity with other international codes desirable.
- 5 to 10-years structural design experience as applied to industrial steel structures.
- Good working knowledge of STAAD or equivalent structural design software essential.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD, familiarity with Revit desirable.
- Basic understanding of the key contributors to the cost of concrete and structural steel fabrication and construction.
- Experience in design of structures with seismic demand.
- Experience in design of shallow and deep foundations for buildings, industrial structures and heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of vibration analysis of concrete foundations and steel structures.
- Strong technical writing skills and good verbal communication skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.