Overview / Responsibilities
Structural Design Engineer (Fired Heaters)
Wood PLC, Fired Heater Division, a World Leader in the design and supply of engineered direct-fired Process Heaters, is seeking a Structural Design Engineer for project execution of large and complicated Fired Heaters and Specialty Furnaces. Our products are large capacity Direct Fired Heaters and Specialty Furnaces for the Domestic and International Oil Refining and Petrochemical Industry. Current Projects include heaters destined for Korea, India, Chile, and USA with fabrication being performed worldwide.
The office is in Hampton, NJ offering a hybrid schedule.
The Engineer will be responsible for performing structural analysis and design calculations for fired heater components and associated supporting structures. Work includes the design of internal heater alloy castings for tube supports, design and analysis of flue gas ducts, flexibility analysis of furnace components and piping systems, and fired heater structural steel design and analysis. Required to prepare weight take-offs, develop gravity, wind, and seismic loading calculations, and review shop drawings and RFI's.
- Familiarity of relevant codes (AISC, ASCE, AWS, ASME etc.)
- Proficiency in STAAD.Pro or other structural modelling software
- Working knowledge of Caesar or other pipe stress analysis program is a plus
- Familiarity with Microstation or AutoCAD
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as perform routine work with minimal supervision
- Prepare structural design calculations for fired heaters, stacks, and associated equipment
- Review calculations prepared by other engineers
- Perform pipe stress analysis on piping systems in high temperature service
- Provide sketches and coordinate with design department to ensure accuracy and quality of design drawings
- Occasionally travel to client locations for meetings or equipment troubleshooting
- Review and approve shop drawings
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering
- 0-7 years experience in structural steel design or design of fired heaters
- EIT/PE Licence preferred but not required
- Oil and Gas industry experience is a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.