Location: Roanoke, TX
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Storage Systems Engineer - Senior
OVERNITGHT SHIFT TIMES!! Storage (NAS) - EMC, NetApp, ISILON, WINDOWS, UNIX, NFS
Preferred: Automation skills and scripting, JIRA experience, system administration (SA)
The Storage Operations Team is responsible for Block and File Storage as well as Backup and Recovery of critical data.
The Senior Contractor must have experience with a combination of hardware and tools supporting; NetApp and Dell/EMC storage. The Senior Contractor will be responsible for: servicing customer requests, performing currency upgrades to hardware/software, monitoring the health of the environment and making adjustments as needed to maintain that health. Additional duties (such as creating and maintaining automation in the environment) may be expected as well.
What you are good at:
- Strong Attention to Detail (mistakes can cause severe negative impact in Storage)
- Capability as an excellent NAS troubleshooter, including file permission issues - both UNIX and Windows, and be able to work with the vendor on P1/P2 cases when system is down or in a state of degradation o Dependability, Responsibility, Persistence, Customer Focus, Self-Starter (mandatory to work independently)
- Ability to install and maintain vendor tools including those from; NetApp, and Dell/EMC,
- Background with Network Engineering a major plus.
- Experience with Systems Administration on Windows and/or Unix preferred o Expert with NetApp vendor tools (GUI), as well as in use of the command line,
- VMWare, Object Storage, and Cloud experience a plus o Scripting (Python, Perl, Shell, etc.) skills a major plus
- Skills across a broad spectrum of Storage Products
- Experience with NAS tools
- Understanding of FLEX GROUPS within NetApp a major plus
- Knowledge of NFS characteristics
- Well versed in File Permissions
- Expert level skills in Performance and troubleshooting across NAS Storage product lines
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com