Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
Plans, designs and leads a team to conduct complex method development studies and projects to generate high quality scientific results on behalf of Eurofins clients and play a key role in developing new strategies, techniques, and instrumentation for new ventures and critical issues in Nutritional Chemistry and Food Safety. Recognized within Eurofins and in industry as a scientific expert in at least one disciplineEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
- Understands chemistry principles/concepts involved across many functional groups.
- Initiates, drives, implements and directs others in process improvement initiatives.
- Trains, mentors, and assists less experienced staff.
- Sets up and performs optimization, and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices, and performs method development.
- Consults with clients to determine technical requirements and devises plans to accomplish these needs. Implements scientific recommendations provided to clients
- Performs review of current and new written methods and SOPs. Assesses technical validity of reviewed methods and suggests changes for improved efficiency and method performance
- Effectively manages projects to completion
- Performs peer review and QC review of data.
- Implements new techniques and instrumentation to improve operations
- Accepts leadership role in troubleshooting and solving challenging problems
- Directs and conducts both fundamental and general application studies
- Performs scientific mentoring activities (e.g., training study-specific techniques, assisting with complex analytical work/problem solving, and presenting technique seminars)
- Contributes to long-range planning and technical policies of the department
- Leads a scientific team to conduct complex and challenging feasibility/development studies
- Participates and hosts client visits
- Evaluates new technology and the impact it would have for EFII
- Assesses interest and feasibility of research projects requiring a high degree of creativity and technical organization
- Monitors, evaluates, and reviews the scientific performance of assays
- Authors scientific papers, which are published in peer reviewed journals and/or presented in scientific meetings
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains a positive attitude.
- Understands appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
- At least 3-5 years of related experience with PhD in chemistry, or equivalent degree, or 6-10 years of related experience without PhD.
- In depth, hands-on experience and knowledge of LC-MS as well as other common analytical instrumentation (e.g., UPLC/HPLC, GC) in a high throughput laboratory
- Demonstrated ability in method development for the analysis of compounds and formulations.
- Highly skilled in conducting research, data interpretation, and writing reports.
- Proficient in developing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications.
- Knowledge of laboratory automation software, system software, and Microsoft applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
• PhD in chemistry or equivalent degree.
• Relevant experience may be substituted for education.Other Factors:D. Principal Contacts and Scope of Communications
• Internal: Interacts with internal clients and support groups, operational personnel, scientific personnel and department management
• External: Interacts with clients, subcontractors, research facilities, and regulatory agencies
• Expected to understand the process for handling hazardous wastes and receive on-the-job training for handling specific waste types in their job area
• Mandatory immunizations and screening as required
• Work requires some standing and sitting for long periods of time, including working within a laboratory hood and standing at a bench top
• Work requires use of PPE (personal protective equipment)
• Overtime and weekend work as required
• Will be exposed to potential food allergens
• Attending technical conferences and exhibits as requiredAdditional Information
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.