DCP Midstream builds connections to enable better lives. As a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society, we focus on technology and innovation, and safely and reliably operating a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
We are committed to inclusion and diversity and want to hire top talent for every job opening. If you believe you have the skills and qualifications for the role, we encourage you to apply even if your background is unique or non-traditional. We value diverse backgrounds and perspectives and support our employees with opportunities for continual growth, ongoing training, and internal mobility.
Benefits and Additional Compensation
All employees contribute to DCP's success, and all jobs are eligible to share that success through our short-term incentive program. We offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and other unique offerings including flexible work arrangements for applicable positions. Health and wellness are a priority, and our paid time off benefits include generous and inclusive parental leave, sick time, and vacation.
Manages, directs, and coordinates all aspects of work related to new and upgrade projects for natural gas and NGL pipeline systems, natural gas plants and compressor station projects throughout the company. Projects are large scale, company-wide, and complex requiring deep technical expertise to develop creative solutions. Creates and maintains the schedule and budget for the project, manages day-to-day design and construction activities and overall strategy, and reports project progress to all project stakeholders through regular meetings and reports from conception to completion.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Provides overall management direction to multiple large scale, company-wide projects from concept to completion including routing, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, construction management, and closeout.
- Develops and evaluates proposals including scope of work and cost estimates and schedules as well as assists in presentations for future projects.
- Leads all project efforts such as strategic planning, scope management, budget, planning, legal/public relations considerations, project staffing, environmental compliance, schedule attainment, risk management, and change management for multiple small to medium projects.
- Plans and designs with a broad range of engineering projects in collaboration with internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Ensures project results meet the requirements regarding technical quality, cost, safety, reliability, timeliness and performance are met in processes. Initiates action required to keep project on schedule/budget as needed.
- Develops and defines project concept, scope, technical requirements, and specifications of other engineers to ensure compliance with engineering principles, standards, statues, codes, regulations, and design. Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to plan for project execution and resolves related technical problems.
- Provides monthly forecasts for project expenditures and ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule, and cost.
- Reports regularly on progress, cost and schedule, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support.
- Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates projects as well as trains, advises, and directs lower-level Engineers.
- Recommends process safety engineering approaches and activities to demonstrate emerging techniques and solutions. Gains consensus from stakeholders on safety-related impacts and their priority.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and responding to risks over the course of the project. It includes both minimizing the consequences of adverse events and maximizing the results, guides implementation of the risk mitigation plan to ensure successful project and program completion.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required
- A minimum of 8 years related experience is required; employees typically have 10-20 years of experience. Oil and gas industry or construction project management experience preferred
- Eight years Project Management experience required
- Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standards (ASME, ANSI, API, NACE, NFPA, CFR, etc.)
- Experience managing contractors, schedules, change orders, etc.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships
- This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc. Noise level is typically low. Frequently in a stationary, sitting position for prolonged periods of time. Regularly moves about inside the office to complete tasks, attend meetings or to access the copy machine or file cabinets. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the office. Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- The salary is $110,400.00-$182,200.00.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Engineering / Full-timeJob Posting:
Sep 9, 2022, 9:59:33 AM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.