Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Systems Engineer to be based in our Arlington, VA or Mt. Laurel, NJ office.
The selected Systems Engineer is a lead engineering role for Aegis Baseline 10 & AN/SPY-6 that will be responsible for supporting IDT's automated test and analysis for tactical systems and subsystems supporting this platform. Prior experience with Aegis system analysis in at least one element is preferred.
All applicants must currently possess an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Execute software life-cycle processes including requirements analysis, architecture definition, software design, code and test for the development of automated system testing capability
- Perform data analysis and code inspection to solve element and system level issues
- Serve as an effective liaison between the detailed tasking performed by the engineers and technical leadership
- Create and maintain SysML artifacts to model system behavior
- Guide best analysis practices within the team
- Identify and manage risk with technology development programs
- Interface with customers for technical and programmatic items
- Minimum 7 years' experience in the development of complex software driven systems for the DOD
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Math; Master's Degree in Engineering or other technical field highly desired
- Ability to lead the logical and systematic conversion of customer or program requirements into solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Experience with DOD or complex commercial software product development
- Working knowledge of Aegis Baselines to include BL 9 or 10 variants.
- Experience with the development of processes and tools used to support analysis and test of product functionality and performance during development
- Experience in operations/performance analyses of complex weapons systems and/or Aegis Combat Systems
- Ability to interface with customers from both a technical and programmatic context
- Ability to work closely with Program Managers and Chief Engineers to document, manage and communicate systems and software requirements
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience with DOORS or other requirements management tools
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience with Rhapsody and/or MagicDraw is a plus
- Knowledge of Navy testing programs, practices, and assets
- Desire to develop talent and to lead a team of engineers
- Detail-oriented with ability to organize and communicate complex technical details
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Be capable of working independently, but thrive in a team environment
- Solid analytical abilities, couples with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.