For this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: Boston,MA,United States | , United States
Intrado's Global Technology Services Department within our Digital Media segment is currently seeking a Sr Software Engineer. The work location is office based in Boston or can be remote in the United States in CST or EST. This role will be part of larger team developing a centralized application for our suite of Public Relations and Digital Media solutions. These solutions not only reach and engage media, investors, employees and key stakeholders and allow our customers to gain actionable insights into the performance of their business communications, but also broadcast high-profile client webcasts. Intrado represents over 3,000 companies worldwide, with 63% being Fortune 500 companies.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with our technologies or similar ones, will be self-motivated, and driven to achieve. The right person will thrive in a fast paced, yet flexible work environment and be a strong communicator, self-starter and team player.
The Sr Software Engineer will lead and participate in complex software projects in order to develop technical solutions and services which are cost effective and meet the needs of the company. Lead the development of software solutions that translate into high-quality, maintainable, secure, and efficient code that follows established development guidelines.
• Define project requirements by meeting with management and end users to gain a thorough understanding of software projects
• Provide consultative advice and guidance to project team on Enterprise and individual Business Unit (BU) software capabilities and interactions
• Analyze and review functional and performance requirements to support design architecture, providing alternative architectural solutions as necessary
• Ensure a thorough understanding of entire application, its usage, technical architecture, and functionality by project team, end user and management
• Continually keep up-to-date on new products, development tools, industry trends, and methodologies for incorporation into software platforms
• Participate in activities throughout the entire software development life cycle providing consultative advice and direction to development team
• May code program based on system enhancements, modification requests, or new design specifications
• Lead and participate in the activities involved in developing a comprehensive and logical test plan for systems using appropriate tools to ensure established standards are utilized
• May develop and provide documentation in support of obtaining patents, working with appropriate legal staff to ensure all necessary steps are taken
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or a related field required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
Experience: Minimum five years increasingly responsible programming experience using a standard coding language and/or platform required. Minimum four years' experience writing detailed program designs for medium to large sized projects preferred. Project management experience preferred.
• 5+ years LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and object-oriented PHP)
• 5+ years developing Drupal applications, including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
• Implement experiences that integrate front-end experiences with backend services via JSON web services.
• Drupal 8/9 experience with front end and back end development of custom modules.
• Proven ability to conceptualize and develop standards-compliant, cross-browser web applications utilizing Web 2.0 technologies, jQuery, AJAX.
• Strong skills with database architecture and design, optimization and development
• Excellent debugging skills; able to debug complex technical issues involving multiple system components
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple-tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
• Experience advocating for and using new technology to build applications of the future
• Experienced in TDD (Test Driven Development)
• Experience building secure web applications a plus - user authentication, role-based access control, 3-tier architectures, DB/file encryption, input validation techniques
• Familiarity with well-known security vulnerabilities and ability to address such vulnerabilities.
• Familiarity with performance analysis of a web application
• Experience with SAFe methodology preferred
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering
• Experience writing code in Python
Intrado is connecting people and ideas.
We are delivering on their potential.
We are improving the way we work and live.
At Intrado, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network - based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are INTRADO.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Don't forget to join our online talent community and "Like" Intrado Careers on Facebook to receive updates about exciting opportunities and network with other Intrado employees!
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Intrado develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. Intrado welcomes and encourages applications of individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Intrado Digital Media is proud to power mission critical communications and provides customers with everything they need to communicate with 4 key audiences: Employees, Customers, Investors and the media. Some of our popular solutions include marketing webinars, webcasting, virtual events, product launches, press release distribution, employee town halls, investor days audio, video and web conferencing.
Intrado's Digital Media solutions are proven to help reduce costs, attract new customers and keep our current customers loyal for life. We place a lot of value in giving our clients the solutions and support they need to operate efficiently and successfully. This same desire we use to set our customers up for success applies to our employees as well. Intrado is committed to helping our employees and their families maintain a healthy work/life balance, to build a financially secure future. Self-development and learning are key with all our global employees having access to our internal learning and development university DevelopU for career and skills enhancement.
Posted 32 minutes ago
Posted 32 minutes ago
Posted 32 minutes ago