CEVA Logistics provides global supply chain solutions to connect people, products and providers all around the world. We are supply chain experts. We live and breathe logistics every day. Above all, we believe that this is a people business. That's why we are building a global culture of teamwork and respect. We encourage initiative, and we engage and empower our diverse workforce to grow their careers within CEVA.
CEVA Logistics offers a broad range of end-to-end, customized solutions in both Contract Logistics and Freight Management thanks to our approximately 98,000 employees at more than 1,000 facilities in 160 countries worldwide. With the recent acquisition of the former Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services business, we are building one of the world's leading end-to-end eCommerce service offerings through the dedication and passion of our people-the heartbeat of our organization. As we continue growing at a fast pace, will you "Dare to Grow" with us?
This position would own the revenue management function. Primary focus of this position would be in Less than Truckload (LTL), however over time the scope would increase to cover other modes of transportation. This position would be critical to maintaining and improving our cost models (Dataiku), drive profitability improvement initiatives, volume and mix checks, and customer reviews.
This position would work closely with the pricing team, sales team, and operations to drive improvements in profitability of freight. They will own the costing model (Dataiku), will ensure that all the costs are appropriately loaded into the model, develop, and maintain any reporting on customer and lane profitability, and will drive the discussions with sales, operations, and senior management on actions needed to drive improvements in profitability.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- Ensures that the cost model (Dataiku) has got the correct inputs, adjusting the model as needed to get accurate profitability, and producing the reports and analysis by customer and lane.
- Liaise with product experts to ensure the logic used in Dataiku processes and applications is resulting in appropriately calculated cost and profit. The goal is to ensure buy in and easily explain the profitability by customer and lane
- Develop a cadence and conduct a biweekly/monthly call to drive actions to improve profitability by working with the sales team and operations team. Develop a tracker that shows the actions being taken to improve profitability
- As New Business wins come in establish a review cadence to compare priced assumptions vs actual results and take corrective action as needed.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Transportation, Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of work and experience in pricing and data analytics
- MBA , Masters in Supply Chain, or Data Science would be preferred
- Minimum of five years' experience in a progressively responsible roles in data analysis, reporting, Freight pricing (ideally in LTL)
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Pricing management is highly preferred.
Languages and Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Extremely strong communication skills - Ability to communicate effectively from an Analyst level all the way to Senior Executive Management
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, and customers.
- Computer Skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Advanced proficiency in data manipulation and analytics
- Proficiency in Dataiku is a plus
- Extremely analytical in their approach. A strong understanding of costing and data analysis - cause and effect since this person will be the owner of the Dataiku application.
- Experience in story telling from data analysis. This person needs to have the ability to influence without authority by show casing the data to make the right decisions
- Ability to solve critical issues in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy and patience.
- Demonstrated skills in organization group process, problem identification and resolution.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you'd like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let's work together to help you find your new role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That's why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. This role can be the first step on your career path with us. You can stay in the same job family, find a new family to grow in (an almost limitless number of options) or find your own path. Join CEVA for a challenging and rewarding career.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Please note: Legitimate CEVA Logistics recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn or via an official company email address: email@example.com. We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people with whom you are unfamiliar.
Information provided is true and accurate. False statements or information will result in the application voided.
Outstanding benefits for employee and family including multiple health plans(company contribution to health savings account), prescription, dental and vision coverage.
Company paid life insurance, accident insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage and employee assistance plan.
Voluntary benefits including additional life insurance, AD&D coverage, buy-up short- and long-term disability, critical illness, identify theft & legal plan.
401(k) with company match.
Flexible Paid Time Off programs including company paid holidays.
Tuition reimbursement program.Nearest Major Market:
San Francisco Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.