Moderna is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Research Associate in Immunology, Infectious Disease ready to function in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. The individual will be a member of a growing team focused on the potential to drive long-lived mucosal immune responses via vaccination. The Sr. Research Associate will help execute and develop in vitro, in vivo, and ex vivo immunology assays that support the advancement of Moderna's mRNA technology platform. She/he/they should be able to apply various immunological techniques and will have the ability to work in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and interdisciplinary environment. The candidate is expected to have substantial hands-on experience in cell/tissue culture and flow cytometry acquisition and analysis. This position is based at the Moderna Cambridge site and will be reporting to an Sr. Scientist. The successful candidate will be a critical member of the Immunology team - catalyzing and supporting cutting edge next generation strategies to improve immunity at mucosal barriers.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Run cutting edge immunological assays (flow and other) for cellular evaluation of vaccines
- Perform gating, export, and data integration for computational analysis
- Support and execute experiments on in vitro tissue/organoid based platforms
- Assist in the collection of preclinical and clinical samples for analyses
- Collaborate with engineers to automate steps for tissue collection and analysis
- Support vaccine evaluation and development, especially mucosally targeted vaccines
- Drive a culture of excitement around mucosal immunology
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- BS/BA with at least 2-3 years of lab-related experience or MS focused on biological sciences 0-2 years of experience; industry experience desirable but not a must
- Hands on experience with cell and tissue culture. Aseptic technique is a must. In vitro tissue model maintenance a plus.
- Solid scientific background, preferred in the field of immunology/mucosal immunology
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel within the organization
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
This job has expired.