About WEG Electric Corp.
The WEG Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) division is based in Barre, VT with offices, laboratory and testing capabilities within our Vermont facility. The Barre VT BESS team includes commercial, engineering, and operational personnel. The BESS division is part of WEG Electric Corp, which is headquartered in Duluth, GA and includes nine facilities around the country. WEG products and Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) services include electric generators, wind turbines, solar, hydropower, battery energy storage, controls, transformers, and drives. WEG Electric Corp is a subsidiary of WEG S.A., which has over 30,000 employees globally and over $4 billion in annual revenue. WEG S.A. was founded in Jaragua do Sul, Brazil in 1961, and is a global solutions provider of industrial electrical technologies.
About the role:
WEG Electric Corp. has a great opportunity for a Sr. Project Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for the full life-cycle of BESS project management.
- SAP related activites, such as (but not limited to) material creation, PO creation, BOM creation, AP/ AR support, receiving, sales order creation, service order creation, PS module set up and maintenance, invoice / backup creation, new supplier set up.
- BESS System specification (concept project design).
- Budget / actuals management.
- Invoicing & supporting documentation to client.
- Review / Approval of subcontractor contracts and invoices.
- Supply Chain (Contractor / Service contract quoting, negotiation, execution and administration, contract T&Cs, technical and engineering management, certificate of insurance).
- Site management.
- Construction and Onsite contractor management.
- Payment approvals.
- Project RAIL.
- Project Schedule.
- Project Deliverables.
- O&M Manuals.
- Project handoff to service team.
- Assist Engineering group with activities such as create schematics, bills of materials, detail drawings, and engineering changes. Developing product design from scratch (create solutions).
- Provide guidance and support to manufacturing and other areas, regarding product requirements (drive collaboration).
- Development and revision of standards, internal procedures.
- Ensure product design meets requirements, quality exceptions and timelines (think customer).
- Direct activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Create material in SAP.
- Release critical materials for purchasing.
- Supervise sub-contractors activities in order to make sure they are meeting project requirements.
- Make sure WEG is meeting the contract and project requirements / specifications.
- Provide support to our engineering team, making sure they are following the best practices to design our projects.
- Interact with sub-suppliers seeking the best and optimum solutions for our packages, observing project budget / costs.
- Provide site support during installation, startup and commissioning.
- Create a matrix of responsibility making sure all the parties involved in the project, including customers, suppliers and sub-contractors clearly understand their responsibility and scope of supply.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge / training:
- Bachelor's in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience.
- Experience with system integration.
- Knowledge of power generation systems.
- knowledge with batteries and associated equipment.
- MS Office.
- AutoCAD or SolidWorks experience is preferred.
- Excel intermediate (using charts, graphs, fonts, borders, shading, formulas, tables, pivot etc).
- SAP experience is desirable.
- +4 yrs of experiences managing projects related power generation, preferably battery energy storage systems, including installation services, site management, electrical equipment, such as transformers, low and medium voltage switchgears and panels, power converters, PLCs, HVAC systems, batteries, containerized solutions (power houses).
We offer a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and full benefits package. To Apply: All candidates must submit an updated resume and complete our application in order to be considered for this position.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
This job has expired.