Be a part of building a new Networking Services team! This is a fantastic opportunity to make an immediate impact on the future networking strategy and execution at Akorn.
This position is for a Senior Network Engineer who will oversee, design, deliver and support network services as part of the Business Technology and Architecture team. This role will work as a key team player as we modernize our infrastructure services and capabilities.You will deliver highly available, high performing and flexible network services enabling and supporting Akorn operations. The continuity of critical manufacturing lines, laboratory scientific applications, warehousing, logistics and the productivity of a distributed and remote end user workforce depend on the skills, knowledge, drive and experience of the individual in this role.
It is critical that this role collaborates and coordinates with other teams within IT and in other functions to identify and implement new solutions to support business function at effective cost. This person may lead and direct the work of others without managerial responsibility. The ability create in a structured manner within a regulated environment is required.
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Design, implement and support network infrastructure for multiple US and international locations.
- Participate in and contribute to network architecture design strategies
- Design, implement and manage effective network security
- Utilize monitoring tools, packet capture and other analytic utilities to assess potential issues and maintain network health
- Design, enhance and manage MDF and IDF closets including cabling, racking and power systems
- Perform capacity planning and lifecycle management analyses to ensure all hardware, firmware, software provides seamless service to the organization
- Support common networking protocols such as TCP/IP, LAN, and WAN, and associated routing protocols
- Manage Cisco network product lines such as Catalyst switches, ISR Routers, Nexus switches, and Aironet wireless
- Manage and enhance all telephony solutions, including traditional phone services and migrating to integrated unified communications platforms
- Purchase, acquire and install products and services
- Collaborate with multiple vendors
- Intermittent light physical construction of network and cabling systems
- Train junior engineers as needed
- Work independently and in teams to meet rapid pace of business.
- Occasional on-site or remote after-hours support required
Company Overview Who we are?
- 15+ years in Information Technology function.
- 10+ years in computer networking.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE Certification.
- Palo Alto firewalls experience is preferred
- VoIP phone systems experience is preferred
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical and/or other regulatory environment with quality requirements is preferred
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website atwww.Akorn.comWhy choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.