Pharmaron is an industry-leading biopharmaceutical contract research organization seeking a candidate for a Senior Manager/Associate Director to join the Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) Commercial/Business team. Candidates with an advanced degree in molecular biology or biochemistry looking to transition from lab-based activities to business development Candidates with an interest and aptitude for business development as related to CGT CRO services Candidates who are passionate about science and providing solutions for Sponsor company challenges Candidates interested in learning translation aspects of cell and gene therapy products from discovery to GMP Candidates who are comfortable engaging Clients and have an active interest and aptitude in developing new business Key Responsibilities
This is a key role within the Commercial/Business Team with primary function being business development and supporting discussions between Clients and the Scientific/Technical team. The individual will use his/her strong technical/lab work knowledge in the field of Molecular Biology/Biochemistry to understand the Client's challenges and design solutions. The requests can range from R&D through GMP manufacturing and product commercialization. The individuals must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to use their scientific prowess to win business from the assigned Clients.
This position is ideal for:
- Generate sales from assigned Clients to achieve individual and team targets.
- Increase market penetration that is measured by an increase in, new contact meetings, RFP activity, and proactive proposal submissions and win rate.
- Create new sales opportunities within assigned accounts by researching, analyzing, and monitoring news articles, PR announcements and trends in the industry to generate potential contacts and leads.
- Provide direction for marketing activities to generate leads and build brand awareness.
- Design and implement studies that meet sponsors' needs in a scientifically sound and cost-effective manner
- Understand scientifically complex projects, and ensure the projects are on time, on budget, and meet pre-established quality standards
- Maintain accurate scientific/technical records in internal databases and a thorough knowledge of various regulatory and company processes
- Efficiently and effectively interact with different teams daily including Clients, scientists, upper management, vendors, legal, and accounting
- Degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in molecular biology or biochemistry
- 1-3 years relevant industry experience depending on education level
- Minimum of 3-5 years lab research experience in the field of microbiology, molecular biology, or biochemistry
- Scientific background is required. Working knowledge of general molecular biology techniques, cell culture, PCR, and bioanalysis is also required.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to adapt in a dynamic team environment are keys for success
- Working knowledge of CGT product development is preferred
- Excellent professional communication skills (verbal and written) and attention to detail
Pharmaron cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a comprehensive benefits package that meets their personal needs. About Pharmaron
Pharmaron (Stock Code: 300759.SZ/3759.HK) is a premier R&D service provider for the life sciences industry. Founded in 2004, Pharmaron has invested in its people and facilities, and established a broad spectrum of research, development and manufacturing service capabilities throughout the entire drug discovery, preclinical and clinical development process across multiple therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, biologics and CGT products. With over 17,000 employees, and operations in China, the U.S., and the U.K., Pharmaron has an excellent track record in the delivery of R&D solutions to its partners in North America, Europe, Japan and China.
This job has expired.