Evaluates client area application systems/programming requirements and processes (e.g., new, enhancements or maintenance), prepares application program specifications, and assists in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions. Functions as liaison or main point of contact between IS and clients (other business departments) and serves as project leader. Provides daily support of existing processes, both Oracle and others to maintain the flow of business operations successfully. Recognize opportunities for improvements in processes and work to implement those improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. *Studies and analyzes existing business procedures as assigned.
2. *Identifies business requirements and recommends or devises system and programming alternatives and specifications.
3. *Prepares systems flow charts and logic diagrams to describe existing and proposed operations.
4. * Leads and assists with the coding, debugging, and documenting of programs.
5. *Works to resolve business issues through the effective use of both systems and data.
6. *Understands the functional aspects of screens, data, and the general operations of the department.
7. *Strong Oracle knowledge and ability to support all Oracle modules including Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, CRM, SCM and Administration, including Workflow Administration.
8. *Presents findings, recommendations, and specifications in a variety of formats and to various levels within the organization.
9. *Meets user needs and objectives within the budget and systems constraints.
10. *Determines project priorities, systems design, and feasibility.
11. *Acts as a liaison or main point of contact between IS and other business departments.
12. *Provides guidance to other Business Analysts and functions as the lead on complex projects.
13. *Maintains/enhances technology expertise, keeping current with evolving systems analysis, programming, and database technology.
14. *Assist with the establishment of policies and procedures pertaining to security, maintenance, and utilization.
15. *Support backup and recovery of the database and application information through established data retention policies with Oracle OCI Provider. Assess effectiveness of periodic restore tests (development instance cloning).
16. *Support SOX compliance controls and reporting requirements through regular review of security practices, segregation of duties, change management controls and internal audits of business practices.
17. *Participate in periodic planning sessions with the SBS business areas, information services infrastructure, and other internal clients as required to guide direction within standards and provide thought leadership around the employment of new technologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of business operations.
18. *Support other elements of the Information Services organization in their performance of system administration efforts in areas such as backups, disk space planning, security management, telecommunications, license management, and general infrastructure management.
• Bachelor's degree Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Minimum six to eight years experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Current in Oracle applications software support.
• In-depth understanding of business processes.
• Extensive experience with Oracle business systems.
• Experience with Oracle Developer is a plus.
• Must have knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems.
• Must know SQL and PL/SQL.
• Experience in Java code and support.
• Knowledge of APEX and OBIEE for Business reporting.
• Excellent analytical ability.
• Detail Oriented.
• Excellent problem solving and consultative skills.
• Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to work with clients, technical staff and vendors.
• Excellent judgment skills.
• Excellent planning, project management and implementation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective peer leadership to other Business Analysts.
• Ability to multi-task successfully.
• Ability to travel when necessary.
• Ability to work over as needed and provide off-hours support as required.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!