Ecoplexus Inc. ( www.ecoplexus.com ) is a rapidly growing renewable energy development firm headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in North Carolina, Dallas, Mexico City, and Tokyo. The Company primarily focuses on utility scale solar, solar & storage, and stand-along storage development. Ecoplexus continues to grow at a rapid rate, and expects to complete approximately $2 Billion of projects over the next four years. The Company has developed and completed over 80 projects in the U.S. and internationally, and has an 11 GW pipeline in the US & Mexico.
Job Overview - Senior Financial Analyst
We are seeking a talented self-starter, who is highly motivated and capable of assuming increasing responsibility in a dynamic growth environment. Based in the U.S. (remote), the financial analyst will assist Ecoplexus' U.S. based project finance and development teams. In this role you will be responsible for financial analysis related to project acquisitions and development, modeling project cashflows and debt & tax equity financial structures, and supporting closing activities for project M&A, debt, and tax equity financings. Assignments will include modeling project economics & scenario testing, creating financial marketing materials, and organizing & managing project due diligence. There is opportunity for additional responsibilities and professional growth for candidates who learn quickly and apply themselves. You will learn about the development, financing, construction, and management of solar power projects from the ground up
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Solid understanding of project finance concepts
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong quantitative aptitude with advanced Excel and modeling skills, VBA and SQL skills a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented with a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of work product
- Highly resourceful, organized, and comfortable working in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment; this is a transaction-based environment where requirements and deadlines are dictated by deal flow and an ability to manage competing priorities is essential
Valuation & Modeling
- Develop an in-depth understanding of different transaction structures and review complex financial models for these structures
- Take ownership of the project financial model including sourcing and understanding all development, construction, and financing inputs and running scenario analysis
- Create and manage project-level cash flow projections, perform & present sensitivity analysis, and evaluate debt & tax equity term sheets
- Analyze project economics and internally communicate financial model results to inform key development and finance decisions
Deal Origination & Execution
- Create and manage finance & development marketing materials, as well as support relationships with existing financing partners, consultants, and brokers
- Organize and present Datarooms & information for partners performing due diligence on Ecoplexus projects
- Assist in the review of project finance or M&A contractual agreements, as well as track deliverables under such agreements
- Facilitate the internal flow of information between finance, development, legal, and engineering teams during late-stage development, transaction execution, and construction
- Support project appraisal, cost segregation, and insurance consultant processes
- Market research & analysis
- Corporate FP&A rollup review & support
- Create & present materials for stage-gate and investment review committee meetings
- Support other corporate objectives as needed
- Undergraduate degree required; quantitative disciplines are desired
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience; work experience in renewable energy, private equity, investment banking, real estate or other transactional finance a significant plus
Ecoplexus offers a competitive salary, bonus structure, potential for employee stock options in a growing company, benefits program, and flexible working conditions.
Ecoplexus is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No third party solicitations will be accepted for this or any other Ecoplexus position.