At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier, healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then you'd fit in great with us!
We are looking for a Demand Planner to join our Hawthorne Planning Team.
The primary focus of this role is maintaining optimal forecast accuracy to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. The Demand Planner will regularly interact with procurement, sales, category management and portfolio teams to meet strategic company goals. This role will also work with category management and sales to reach consensus on a demand plan, resolve demand-related questions by troubleshooting and working with other functions; drive improvement in forecast error by analyzing processes and making recommendations for improvement; drive tracking of performance of new items
In this role you will:
• Create and monitor forecasts in planning system for a designated set of products. This includes but is not limited to: ensuring accurate set-up and data integrity within system, reviewing exceptions, executing demand planning calendar tasks on time, lead and provide input on forecast related meetings, understand statistical modeling and how user input impacts the forecast, and review consumption trends and take corrective action/research.
• Provide one point of contact for all forecasting-related questions from other functions, and utilize troubleshooting skills to work with other functions to correct any issues.
• Gather market intelligence from sales, category and distributor network to incorporate into and adjust the baseline statistical forecast.
• Proactively communicate known significant forecast changes on items to supply planners.
• Work to close operational vs. financial forecast gaps.
• Be the subject matter expert on your item-level data and forecasts.
• Work on trend analysis, category analysis, volatility and forecast error history on items.
• Track performance of new items. Drive improvement in new item processes and forecast error.
• Drive continuous improvement by examining existing demand planning processes and making recommendations for improvement.
The perfect person will have:
• Bachelor's degree required
• 2-5 years experience in a retail or CPG planning environment with a focus on item or category planning
• Be a self-starter and be comfortable operating when the path has not been clearly defined
• Have a bias for action while being comfortable challenging the status quo
• Confidence presenting data and ideas to Sr. Management
• Experience in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities
• Planning systems experience using SAP, JDA or similar
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
This is what we will bring to the table:
• Extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage
• A highly energetic and fast-paced environment at a rapidly growing company
• Unbelievable 401K match and discounted stock purchasing program
• Generous vacation day policy
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it's like to work at Hawthorne Gardening Company by accessing our Talent Network: HGC Talent Network
The Hawthorne Gardening Company is a start-up company focused on hydroponic gardening. Dedicated to creating high quality products founded in social and environmental responsibility. Backed by the largest lawn and garden company in the U.S. (Scotts Miracle-Gro, NYSE: SMG) we bring new ideas, values, and culture to our endeavors without the constraints of a large corporation. We are an energetic, progressive-minded, sustainability-focused group of highly-motivated individuals, eager to share our love of gardening with the world.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Sunlight Supply, General Hydroponics, General Organics, Vermicrop, Botanicare, AeroGarden, CanFilters and Gavita Lighting.
Hawthorne Gardening Company is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Hawthorne Gardening Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Hawthorne Gardening Company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
New York, New York
Posted about 2 hours ago