Senior Counsel performs contract review and contract analysis functions and provides general legal guidance.
This role can be based remotely in the Midwest or Northeast with flexible office options in Lake Forest, IL, Amityville, NY or Cranbury, NJ.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including development, licensing, supply, IT, leasing and real estate, professional services (including large construction projects), non-disclosure and other commercial contracts
- Assist with contract management process and maintain contracts repository database
- Establish and maintain standard contract forms, and help establish and distribute other templates and best practices materials
- Provide timely advice and counsel to management by advising the business on laws, regulations and company policies. Areas may include state licensing and distribution requirements, HCP interaction guidelines, FDA and DEA regulations, environmental, health and safety standards.
- Negotiate all types of contracts with the ability to balance legal risk with the commercial needs of the company.
- Supervise, develop and coach a paraprofessional.
- Answer general legal inquiries and provide legal assistance to all employees
- Act as companyâ€™s legal representative for all company-sponsored REMS
Company Overview Who we are?
- 7+ years of legal experience primarily in commercial contracts and transactional work with experience in both a law firm and in-house corporate environment
- Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school as well as admission to the appropriate federal and state bar associations required.
- Experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry required
- Experience with independently drafting and negotiating various business transactions and commercial contracts
- Team player who can effectively engage with other members of the legal department and functional groups
- Demonstrated ability to judge character, distinguish relevant facts, assimilate and analyze facts and apply legal techniques.
- Resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, and results oriented
- Ability to make decisive, sound judgments.
- Responsive with service and business partnership-oriented attitude
- Excellent ethical, legal and business judgement
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex legal issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to assist the legal department in its activities and its mission as needs arise.
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.