Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible for Quality Engineering personnel and related programs. Works collaboratively with other Operations Product Quality team to facilitate Engineering and Operations Management maximize efficiencies, achieve annual goals.
Leads key Lean Quality projects such as reduction in rework, reduction in quality notifications, etc., and improves product quality processes attending Kaizen events, process mapping, 5s, or other lean tools. Is familiar with the Gemba process and product quality improvement on the production floor.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Works with management to identify new process improvement opportunities in the areas of product quality, cost, performance, and preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Evaluates and analyzes current process metrics and performance to identify areas requiring improvements.
- Analyzes and identifies opportunities to reduce process variation, improve process capabilities and optimize process performance.
- Develops process improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency and productivity.
- Facilitates the deployment of new and changed processes to provide improved results.
- Develops standard procedures and policies to be followed by the Engineers.
- Trains and guide resources as needed.
- Works with various teams to reduce process and business variations.
- Assists Managers in management for capital projects.
- Prepares project presentations for management when needed.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in engineering or a related field
- Advanced degree (Master's in Engineering or a related field) preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of progressive hands-on experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Lean training and experience required. Green belt or higher is a preferred qualification.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Day
Travel : 10% of the time
Travel Requirements:10% of the time Shift:Day
This job has expired.