Special Projects and Events Associate
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost is hiring a Special Projects and Events Associate. The Special Projects and Events Associate will be responsible for the management of business and administrative operations in the Special Events Office in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost. Responsible for interacting with a wide variety of internal and external constituents regarding business, fiscal, and administrative functions while operating with a high level of autonomy and independent decision-making. Due to the sensitive nature of the office, confidentiality and discretion must always be maintained.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee business and fiscal operations. Track event contracts, agreements, and purchase orders to ensure timelines are met. Reconcile budget statements. Monitor and maintain up to date and precise fiscal records including file management, electronic records, databases, and spreadsheets. Meet with budget staff monthly to ensure financial records are precise and in accordance with goals set by the Associate Director of Special Projects and Events. Oversee and provide detailed and comprehensive reporting. Assist with ensuring compliance with the policies and procedures set forth by the Office of Business and Financial Services (OBFS). Process all credit card transactions in Chrome River for the Special Events Office.
- Manage and oversee office administrative functions. Manage and maintain up-to-date contact lists, paper and electronic calendars, and accurate files. Provide principals with information as requested. Assist in the coordination of information for distribution to include event programs, electronic and paper invitations, digital content, and digital event booklets and publications. Monitor requests for disability related services. Manage event email and software accounts.
- Oversee and manage office operational policies and procedures. Assist with long-range office planning. Manage various university processes and procedures including university parking requests, university alcohol approvals, and adhere to other university operational functions as needed. Oversee and maintain event timelines.
- Serves as a resource and first point of contact for vendors, faculty, staff, students, alums, donors, state and federal government officials, members of the media, and the public, in-person, email and by telephone. Uses knowledge of the overall functions of the office and campus to direct such contacts to members of the professional staff or other campus units as appropriate.
- Manage and maintain accurate inventory of marketing and branding materials, gifts, and office equipment and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Any one or any combination totaling five (5) years (60 months) from the following categories:
- college course work in business, finance, accounting or a related field:
- 60 semester hours or an Associate's degree equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or a Bachelor's degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
- Master's degree or higher equals four (4) years (48 months)
- progressively more responsible general or specialized office experience which included aspects of supervising staff or a job function, organizing, and performing duties that lead to knowledge of generally accepted office principles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of three years of experience assisting with event and vendor coordination at the university.
- Minimum of three years of experience tracking and monitoring financial information and documentation.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to evaluate and recommend options and solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work independently and effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to analyze guidelines, procedures, and systems to implement plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish tasks.
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 0058 - Administrative Aide position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary is commensurate with experience. Application Procedures & Deadline Information
For full consideration, applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on September 27, 2022. Application materials should include a cover letter, a current resume, names, and contact information for three references, including email and telephone numbers. For further information about this specific position, please contact Jen Cochrane at firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify .
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal , or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing email@example.com . Requisition ID
: 1012153 Job Category
: Administrative Apply at:
This job has expired.