Primary Function of Position:
The Engineering Digital Group designs, builds, deploys, and supports medical grade software, data infrastructure and applications to collect and analyze medical device machine data from thousands of systems deployed world-wide.
The ideal candidate for the position of Software QA Engineer-Data will have proven experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, product release of software applications, with the expertise to evaluate and support. This individual must have the ability to write complex SQL queries independently to verify and validate data.
This position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with highly technical peers, and the capability to manage workload among changing priorities, alternating between hands on validation, testing, root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Ownership in design, development of test plans/protocols for functional SW verification of system data related products
- Provide feedback to Development on requirement/specification clarity and understanding to support proper testing method development
- Act as a core team member of the data development teams during product definition and design phases enforcing design aspects for test tools and automation needs.
- Assure proper root cause analysis and drive timely issue resolution of Product Issues
- Development and delivery of Product User Instructions and Knowledge base / Product FAQ's/ Self Help. Provide User Training/Education
- Execution and support for Product/Data Validation
- Identify areas for product and process improvements and make recommendations
- Escalation of issues to internal engineering groups as appropriate
- Internal application-level support for Intuitive's Digital group related products
- Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on education, training, skills, and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline desired and minimum 3-6 years experience working with data in SQL environment
- Strong analytical skills - ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate systemic defects and validate data quality
- Ability to compare large sets of data in SQL Server environment
- Ability to design and develop of test cases
- Help define the high-level testing strategy
- Develop data quality support utilities and tools
- Technical experience and strong command of industry trends and ability to apply those for desired outcomes
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision-making skills. Proven ability to develop, present and justify positions to all levels within the company
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Troubleshooting mindset - an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failure mechanisms
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience with Medical Design Control processes is a plus
- Scripting skills (Python, etc.) is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Day
Travel : None
Travel Requirements:None Shift:Day
This job has expired.