Law360, a LexisNexis company, is an online newswire for business lawyers that covers major litigation, transactions, and regulatory issues. Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 is a cutting-edge organization and one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the U.S. Our subscribers include the largest law firms in the U.S. and around the world, in-house counsel at major corporations, and key decision-makers in the government sector.
Law360 is seeking a Software Engineer to join our small Technology Team based in New York City.
What we are looking for: a self-motivated individual looking to make an immediate impact on the backends of our portfolio websites. We are a small team where everyone wears a few different hats. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn about a variety of web technologies.
You will be responsible for: designing and implementing new products and features on law360.com and the Law360 family of brands. You will design and develop customer facing web applications and mobile apps. You will report to the Lead Engineer.
- Developing and iterating over new and existing elements of the platform to maximize site availability, reliability, and maintainability.
- Create new web experiences for various publications on Law360.
- Leverage existing and new analytics datasets to create, train, test, and deploy machine learning models to aid in solving data problems for various Law360 departments.
- Stay current on new technologies as they relate to innovations in web-based application development.
- Work with the development team on the implementation of common frameworks and solutions.
- 4+ years' experience developing and administering web sites.
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience using SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Lucene-based search engines (Elasticsearch, SOLR, etc.).
- Experience with managing and automating infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
- Comfortable with Linux.
- Experience handling all aspects of the end user experience including interactions and performance from backend to frontend
- Experience with other languages, such as Java or Python a plus
- Experience with React Native a plus.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics a plus.
Law360 offices are located in NYC, Washington DC, and Los Angeles. We offer a casual and flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits (including; medical, dental, generous paid time off, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a pre-tax commuter program), and competitive salary.
Portfolio Media Inc.is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.