Location: Malvern, PA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a SOC Analyst
Sunday-Tuesday from 6:00AM-6:30PM. There needs to be flexibility to change days/hours/shifts, if needed.
Briefly describe the duties and responsibilities
1. Provides first-level response and support within the department and partners with other members of Information Security, Identity Access Management, Fraud, Information Technology, and other departments as necessary to assist with identifying and resolving security issues. This includes primary responsibility for the Information Security Hotline, the Information Security Requests e-mail inbox, service ticket queue, and other channels of communication as may be used periodically.
2. Monitors security tools alerts and reports. Responds or elevates issues to appropriate crew if anomalies are identified or actions warranted. Monitors service level of contracted monitoring services.
3. Monitors environment for malicious code and other policy violations as directed. Assigns and tracks serious violations to appropriate department and members. Logs information security incidents or potential incidents and violations. Logs potential intrusion alerts for analysis. Prepares various activity reports for departments.
5. Investigates potential or actual information security violations or incidents and identifies areas or issues requiring IT security related research and development efforts, under the direction of an Information Security Supervisor or Manager.
6. Interprets policy relating to Information Security functions and provides guidance, as required. Assists other department members in response to various security incidents or investigations as required.
7. Tests, analyzes, and reports websites for blocking as appropriate. Composes, submits, and monitors service requests to IT departments for action as required. Supports security awareness programs and special events or activities.
8. Maintains group and departmental documentation and communications as determined or requested by Information Security, especially content in the Information Security Database, Information Security Department Manual.
9. Handles requests, approvals, and maintains logs of user requests for modem lines, proxy usage, spam filter configuration, and other processes as appropriate. Performs quality assurance checks of processed requests, documents results, and provides recommendations for improvement or action as appropriate.
10. Establishes and maintains effective service relationships with other groups and departments by keeping them informed of the status of requests, meeting team and departmental service levels and objectives, and providing answers to routine security questions. Represents as a member of a team, when interacting with industry security groups, service providers, clients and other financial institutions concerning information security matters and the certification and accreditation of Information Systems.
11. Maintains records and files for department dashboard and other metrics. Looking for automation capabilities in this space.