SITE MANAGER - ASHTABULA, OH
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual as a Site Director for our Ashtabula plant located in Ashtabula, Ohio, USA
The Site Director is responsible and accountable for the safe day-to-day operations of the Ashtabula facility. This includes overseeing all production, quality, maintenance and site environmental and safety performance. The Site Manager is also responsible for the administration of all production and technical staff and sets annual individual objectives and drives performance improvement. The ideal candidate will be a transformational leader with strong business acumen, and a strategic thinker with a vision of significantly improving plant safety, compliance, asset utilization, and P&L.
What will be expected from you?
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Ensure that all site safety & environmental, as well as emergency response procedures are in place; maintained and meet or exceed Huntsman standards and all local and federal government laws and regulations; and are understood and followed by the site employees.
- Serve as the site's ethics and compliance officer. All operations and actions must comply with the Huntsman Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Ensure that all security issues relating to the protection of site property are in-place and maintained. Ensure that all contractors employed in implementing and maintaining site security meet company standards and perform as expected.
- Manage the annual site fixed cost budget to target levels.
- Oversee all contractors who work on site (mechanical, electrical, etc.). Ensure that they follow all site safety and environmental procedures and meet our expectations on quality of work. Review contractor performance on an annual basis, and if needed, replace contractors.
- Manage all capital projects (example, installing new equipment, storage tanks, etc.). All capital projects must be completed on schedule and within budget. Proper planning of capital expenses must follow the corporate timelines and submission processes.
- Where appropriate, meet with commercial and technical associates to ensure that production and quality expectations of the business are being met. If the site is falling short on our objectives to the business, the Site Director will have responsibility to put in place the needed corrective actions.
- Establish key objectives for the site personnel to align with corporate, division, and functional goals and objectives. This should be done annually at a minimum. Performance against key objectives should be measured and monitored continuously, with individual feedback given on a regular basis. Any performance deficiencies should be addressed through strong performance management and corrective actions if necessary.
- BS degree in related technical or business field and a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience. MBA and chemical science or engineering experience and CI skills (lean, 6 sigma) are considered significant advantages.
- A minimum 5 years' experience in a Leadership role.
- Site/facility/plant technical competency, preferred in a chemical blending operation.
- Experience with managing a fixed cost budget of >$17Million.
- Experience managing in a union environment.
- Experience in a global, highly matrixed organization is desired.
- Strong desire to positively cultivate relationships and build and lead a high-performing team. through effective Performance Management.
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Six Sigma Lean experience is preferred.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local. P
lease refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.Additional Locations:
This job has expired.