Clopay Corporation is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. We have an excellent opportunity for a Shop Floor Training Supervisor at our Troy, Ohio facility.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
• Support plant team member onboarding process. Promote tools for identifying, planning and onboarding team members.
• Provide lean manufacturing, safety, and quality training to ensure new employees have the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the manufacturing tasks for which they were hired.
• Work to determine the training needs of shop floor team members that optimize learning.
• Collaborate with supervisor to identify training needs and develop training curriculum, implementation process and knowledge check process that documents success.
• Flex schedule to meet business needs, focusing on off shifts.
• Facilitate small group shop floor training to accelerate team member onboarding and increase productivity.
• Collect training data, feedback, and surveys and support the analysis of team member attrition data and make recommendations to improve needs and increase retention.
• Support train-the-trainer capability on shop floor to support training time tables and cross training matrix.
• Support Supervisors/Coordinators in the coordination and implementation of training. Observe and make recommendations so team members are performing job tasks safely, conscientiously and consistently.
• Monitor shop floor team member training and gather feedback to enhance training methods.
• Training Supervisor will be on the floor assisting team members with understanding work orders, work instructions, etc. as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 2 years previous manufacturing experience.
• Previous experience in adult learning principles, ability to present training course material to individuals and groups.
• Above average communication skills.
• Good computer skills.
• Schedule must be flexible to support plant production schedules.
Please visit our website at www.clopay.com to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted 1 minute ago
Posted 1 minute ago