ECS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject an Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 4th, 2022. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to verify that you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022, or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate set forth in the Executive Order.
Note: An individual is not considered to be fully vaccinated until two weeks after receiving the second vaccine dosage in a vaccine regimen involving two vaccines.
The above does not apply to personnel applying to United States Postal Service positions, however, as an ECS employee you will be required to complete the ECS COVID-19 survey to be compliant with Executive Order 14024.
ECS is seeking a Service Desk Technician to work in our Albuquerque, NM office.
ECS is looking for a Service Desk Technician, providing support for Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, NM!
The service desk consists of a centralized service desk and related roles tied to specific networking/telecom functions. The centralized service desk is the entry point and owner of first tiers of support (based on Information Technology Infrastructure Library's [ITIL®] definition of tiers). Requests are received via phone calls, emails, chats, and web submittals. The service desk is responsible for (1) delivering remote IT support by creating, maintaining, and using knowledge articles and (2) performing basic troubleshooting to resolve, capture, report, or route incidents and requests. Some of the service desk's functions are replicated in the network/telecom areas.
The responsibility of a Help Desk Specialist is to provide in-depth procedural & technical computer end-user support with the highest level of customer satisfaction. Support will be provided using inbound phone calls, inbound chat, inbound & outbound email, instant messaging or other tools as assigned & available. In some cases, the Specialist will dispatch service requests & escalate issues to appropriate points of contact defined within the support organization. The technician will be capable & effective in promoting internal education.
- Resolve basic issues remotely that have been reported by the customer. Upon completing additional training, you will move to resolve more complex issues.
- Provide comprehensive Phone & Chat Support for the efficient resolution of incidents & requests of end-users.
- Partner with other IT teams in the development, testing & implementation of commercially & internally developed solutions.
- Upon completing additional training, assist in various scopes of the Service Desk as needed by the business. Resolve more complex hardware & software problems utilizing this additional training & expertise.
- Assist the IT Field Techs & cross-functional teams, in the resolution of IT related issues for all supported platforms.
- Efficiently & accurately identify the customer's specific information.
- Appropriately document all required information into the ticketing system & the knowledgebase.
- Resolve service requests or issues as appropriate on the first point of contact or within the specified timeline.
- Meet required productivity expectations, including Service Center metrics.
- Route & Dispatch the service request to the appropriate IT support group or next level Tech, for resolution, if the problem cannot be handled within defined time constraints.
- Maintain & contribute to the in-house knowledgebase; Analyze content of resolved tickets & promote information to knowledgebase articles as appropriate, while keeping knowledgebase articles current.
- Possess the capacity to work independently & effectively while maintaining positive productivity levels.
- Maintain a positive relationship with fellow peers, cross functional teams & leadership.
- Participate in After-Hours Support rotations, as needed (on call).
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Obtain & maintain a U.S. Dept. of Energy Clearance; U.S. Citizenship is required.
- High School Diploma.
- Two plus year(s) of PC support, diagnostic/troubleshooting, & repair experience is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of PC operations which include: Hardware, network settings, operating system, & MS Office applications.
- Intermediate to expert virtual desk expertise (related to equipment connectivity for computing customer).
- Ability to type 35 WPM.
- Associates Degree or bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with Mac Operating Systems and hardware.
- Any Technical Certifications, ie: A+, NET+, ACMT, Microsoft Fundamentals, etc.
- ITIL v4 Foundations Certification.
- Ability to type 50+ WPM.
- Experience working with Mac OS and hardware.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.