SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Technician, Senior performs a variety of complex testing and analysis under limited supervision of a Supervisor, Testing Laboratory. Most of the time works autonomously within established procedures and practices. Analyzes the most complex technical problems and occasionally delivers solutions where precedent may not exist. Sets up and executes tests, monitors, documents and reports test results. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
QualificationsEducation and Experience
- Performs a variety of complex tests to confirm if the product (part or set of components) performs their proposed functions in a satisfactory manner. Depending on Laboratory, assembles and runs test circuits, or reviews parts and performs applicable tests: calibration testing, or catalyst, or durability, or vibrations, or thermal, or noise level, or emissions, or pressure testing, or other as required.
- Often uses statistical methods to identify recurring problems and give detailed reports on defects.
- Installs and sets up test articles, fixtures, test equipment, instrumentation, and controls.
- May perform calibration and assemble test equipment prior to analysis.
- Performs testing and records results, communicates results to an Engineer, or to a Supervisor, as required.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience, guides junior team members.
- May act as a lead, coordinating and facilitating the work of others but is not a supervisor.
- Proposes improvements to processes.
- Follows all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and protocols.
- Follows Quality protocols and reports discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- May perform maintenance of equipment as assigned.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Increases technical knowledge, completes assignments and maintains passing scores for curriculum outlined in the Laboratory Test Technician Training Plan for Level 5.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses and Certifications
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or related field (Required)
- 8+ years of experience, demonstrating engineering aptitude (Required)
- Completed Laboratory Test Technician Training Level 4 with satisfactory or above rating (Required)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology or related field in combination with experience outlined above (Preferred)
- Extensive experience in Testing Laboratory (Preferred)
- Certification in Automotive Technology (Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)), or Certified Electrician, or certification by Testing Technician Certification Institute (Preferred)
This job has expired.
- MS Office (Word, Excel) - intermediate user proficiency (Required)