Our firm is currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant. In this role, you are responsible for preparing and reviewing complex tax returns for a multi-entity, multi-state company. This position will include the preparation and review of the tax provision and tax footnote disclosures in the consolidated financial statements. You will respond to any inquiries from regulatory agencies or affiliated companies, including the parent. You will provide oversight and mentoring to less experienced accountants. Applicants should have a bachelor's or master's degree, their CPA license, and at least three years of professional tax experience.
- Preparation and review of the tax provision and footnote disclosures in consolidated financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting principles (SAP).
- Preparation and review of federal and state income tax returns.
- In partnership with leadership, development of tax strategies
- Preparation and review of complex month end journal entries, analyzing account activity, reconciling general ledger accounts, and proposing correcting entries when necessary.
- Researching complex tax issues, and drafting tax memoranda.
- Coordinating external and internal audits of filings providing detail schedules and support as required.
- Routinely coordinates and communicates with company executives, accounting and other staff across all legal entities, state regulators, and third-party business partners.
- Mentoring tax accountants
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Maintains confidentiality of information processed.
- Ability to prepare and interpret financial reports and statements.
- Expertise in the interpretation and application of regulatory and tax guidance.
- Advanced proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database and other desktop software.
- Knowledge of multi-entity accounting and reporting
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical computations.
- Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
- Advanced attention to detail necessary to accurately enter alpha/numeric data
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of relevant experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities. Experience in insurance industry is preferred. Experience with multi-entity accounting is also preferred. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required. CPA license is required.
Work is typically performed in home office setting with no unusual hazards. Travel may be required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.