The Senior Software Engineer is a key position in the design and advancement of bio-devices for the animal health industry. This position is responsible for the software architecture, design, development and implementation for bio-devices engineering. This position will responsible for developing new commercial products and the support of existing system designs. Design, debug, modify, optimize, and document software and control aspects of automated equipment and research systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Leads software development activities in support of bio-devices, integrating all electrical controls and components such as various electro-mechanical and pneumatic motion systems, optical sensing and analysis signal processing, pick-and-place robotics and fluid dispense mechanisms with software architecture and design.
- Develops software requirements and software specifications with a limited set of customer requirements and limited guidance to meet changing market demands and customer needs. Creates engineering documentation standards related to development, commissioning, testing and deployment of automation, control systems and instrumentation solutions
- Leads software design, development and debugging processes through understanding of machine control, data management, computer networking, and embedded PC hardware.
- Develops software needed for proof-of-concept of electrical, electronic, electro-mechanical, communications and controls hardware for use in research or development of automated systems
- Codes and debugs programmable logic controllers PLCs, operator interfaces HMIs, embedded controllers and computers
- Sound experience in troubleshooting hardware-software integrations
- Performs trial runs of in house and field installed equipment to verify functionality of control systems
- Evaluates and recommends control devices such as but not limited to PLC's, operator interfaces, sensors, pneumatics, wireless communications, etc.
- Implements and applies software lifecycle development methodology
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or candidate with Mechanical Engineering degree and a concentration in software development will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years post-bachelor's experience relevant to engineering operations with strong focus on software development is preferred
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated proficiency in PLC and Industrial Automation development or Embedded Software Development
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following computer languages: C/C++ or Structured Text (IEC 61131-3)
- Demonstrated experience with embedded Linux or embedded RTOS development is desirable
- Demonstrated experienced developing embedded software and hands-on hardware development skills preferred
- Enthusiasm to promote and drive implementation of Zoetis's industry leading approach to leveraging software technologies to enhance all aspects of our devices around the world
- Demonstrated experience using Agile/Scrum development techniques
- Demonstrated familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated experience in critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning and organizing, decision-making
- Excellent communication skills, influencing and leading, facilitation and team work capabilities
Candidate will work primarily at the Durham site either in an office environment or a development lab environment. Some travel to customer facilities is occasionally required. Some remote work possible.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.