Alfasigma USA is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant who will be a key member of the revenue accounting team whose responsibilities include the publication of the daily sales report and supporting month end close processes for revenue accounting and reporting in accordance with Group accounting standards. Responsibilities will include gross to net accounting, balance sheet and reserve reconciliations for sales-related accounts and accruals, and order to cash reconciliations for various operating segments. This involves the daily posting of sales, receivable and cash payment transactions in a multi-channel environment through collaboration with both external and internal partners. The Senior Revenue Accountant will also be primarily responsible for the analysis, reconciliation and processing of transactions for the company’s mail order pharmacy operation and will collaborate on the month end close with the Sr. Manager to ensure sales closing is completed on a monthly basis by Business Day 2.
- Prepare and distribute daily sales report.
- Develop an understanding of customer contracts and data in order to properly calculate, validate, and process all revenue-related admin fees, rebates, chargebacks, or other discounts within accounting systems and databases.
- Be able to provide complete and accurate data for current and historical analysis purposes.
- Work with accounting team to recognize net product revenue, including gross to net (GTN) calculations and data analysis to support key assumptions and estimates applied.
- Support Senior Revenue Accounting Manager in collaboration with US commercial, contracting and government pricing business partners to gain an understanding of the customer agreements to ensure adequate rebate accruals.
- Process daily transactions for the mail order pharmacy operation as related to sales and receivables postings. Also assist in trouble shooting and researching any issues.
- Assist with oversight of external 3PL in the US. Liaise with accounts payable to prepare payment requests and ensure timely payments to external partners.
- Play a key role in the monthly, quarterly and year end process by completing monthly reconciliations.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining internal controls to ensure proper oversight over business processes as it relates to gross to net revenue accounting and accounts receivable.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and process improvements.
**Open to candidates living in or around Covington, LA. or Bedminster, NJ. WHO WE ARE:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5 plus years of related work experience involving application of US GAAP and/or IFRS. Direct experience with revenue recognition in the pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred.
- Ability to interface with all levels of professionals, management, internal and external auditors.
- Ability to work closely in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on maintaining excellent and accessible documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a dedication to providing quality service.
- Above all, candidate must possess the highest level of personal integrity.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Active CPA license preferred
Alfasigma USA is the local affiliate of the Italian based pharmaceutical company, Alfasigma. The company was formed, in 2015, as a result of the merger between two historic Italian pharmaceutical companies, Alfa Wassermann and Sigma-Tau. Alfasigma is a leading Italian pharmaceutical company focused on prescription drugs, over-the counter (OTC) and nutraceutical products and has a presence in 90 countries.
Alfasigma USA’s main goals are to improve the health and quality of life of patients by finding solutions to treat specific patient populations, expand our existing portfolio and bring new products into the US market. We strive to be a strong healthy company in a strong healthy world.
Alfasigma USA is headquartered in Covington, LA., has a manufacturing plant in Shreveport, LA., a mail order pharmacy call center in the Covington location and an established national salesforce. In addition, a commercial operations hub opened in 2018 in Bedminster, NJ. Alfasigma USA, Inc. offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, 401K and Paid Time Off are some examples)
","EqualOpportunityEmployerDescription":"Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities","PayTransparencyPolicyStatement":"The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)