Slalom is a global consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 41 markets around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 11,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Who You'll Work With
Global Services is comprised of collaborative, inclusive, cross-functional teams that work together to support our corporate functions. We push the boundaries of what's possible and deliver solutions that accelerate innovation at a global scale. Our teams include Information Technology, Legal, Information Security & Governance, Marketing, Operations, Finance & Accounting, People, and our Executive Office.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager IT
This role is a part of a small but mighty team whose charter is to work on the most important projects within Slalom Global Services - the corporate arm of Slalom Consulting. These projects will usually have a large blast radius and impact how people perform their jobs. These high stakes, enterprise-wide projects often requires working and collaborating across one or more technology Product teams and stakeholders throughout our organization. Although project teams are often accompanied by a Business Analyst, Change and Training specialist, this role requires someone who is experienced enough to independently operate and deliver in these capacities when required.
A Senior Project Manager must also be able to operate as effectively in an Agile delivery framework as they do in a traditional Waterfall delivery method. This includes being familiar with the methods, technology, and tools that Product teams use to run their delivery.
We are Slalom IT:
You may be a candidate for this role if:
We are a small, but mighty team
We work on the most important things
We build and maintain trust and credibility
We deliver great outcomes
We believe in and support one-another
We are no drama
We play, have fun, and laugh
- Oh, and we were recently voted Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For! But enough about us...
What You'll Do:
You are a clear, succinct, and professional communicator
You bring order to chaos
You build, not burn bridges
You can read the room
You understand the power of relationships and use this to deliver positive outcomes
You organize your M&M's and/or Skittles by color
You have high moral character that guides you to do the right thing, always
What we need from you:
- Perform comprehensive project analysis with stakeholders/sponsors to determine complexity, scope, schedule and intended business objectives or goals.
- Use fundamental project tools, processes, best practices, and different project team frameworks to organize, execute and deliver project outcomes (i.e., Waterfall, Agile, Program, etc.)
- Work with and collaborate across multiple technology product teams to create alignment and communication that provides frictionless delivery.
- Monitor and manage project budgets with accuracy and consistency.
- Provide timely and right-size project status reporting and information to the project team, steering committee and sponsors, up to executive and C-suite stakeholders.
- Mentor other project managers and team members on project management best practices and the art of right sizing.
- Develop and nurture relationships with a multitude of individuals you work with that is based on trust and can withstand the inevitable ups and downs of a project.
- When required, perform the appropriate analysis to create training and/or change management plan, with the help of our experts
- When required, develop, and facilitate training or change management activities. This may include facilitation, asset development or department communications.
We're focused on:
- 6+ years of project management or program management experience, with at least 2+ years' experience in a Senior role
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels
- High competence with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project. Familiarity with other web-based project management tools such as Jira a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing several different solution delivery frameworks to deliver projects (i.e. Waterfall, RAD, Agile, DevOps, LEAN); keen understanding of how project management disciplines weave throughout each.
- Managed a diverse portfolio of projects in your career - large and small ($50K - $1M+), across multiple domains (i.e. business process, applications, infrastructure, risk/compliance, etc.), for different business capability areas (i.e. sales, finance, operations, product development, etc.) in different industries (i.e. professional services, retail, education, technology, healthcare, etc.).
- A history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth.
- A history of mentoring and/or teaching teams to use process, organization, change, and/or learning improvement methodologies
- Inclusion as a top priority. All of our employees should feel understood, included, connected, and safe
- Committing to a diverse workforce at all levels and taking a broad view of diversity that incorporates gender, race and ethnicity, background, geography, thinking, working styles, and more
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.