Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently searching for a Senior Process Modeling Engineer to join the Applied Intelligence group based in Houston, Texas. The ideal candidate is a fully competent and knowledgeable engineer capable of working autonomously to solve complex problems with industry-leading technology.
The candidate should have past process simulation experience in the energy industry, with real-time monitoring and leak detection systems preferred. This position will support the team in executing a variety of projects and studies in the upstream oil and gas industry as well as the energy transition markets.
- Utilize advanced technical knowledge of fluid dynamics, heat transfer, and thermodynamics to develop real-time and offline process simulators for a variety of industries, including oil and gas and hydrogen transport/distribution.
- Lead the configuration, testing, and calibration of Wood's dynamic multiphase hydraulic software, Virtuoso ® , for offline simulation studies, real-time process monitoring and optimization, and leak detection systems.
- Develop models, applications, and solutions using supplied specification and design data with minimal support; recommend changes to design and or configuration to meet requirements.
- Work effectively with the project team to aid the customer to ensure software or studies achieve and exceed objectives within the set schedule and budget.
- Perform detailed design document and model review prior to transmittal or delivery.
- Lead acceptance testing and travel to support project execution and maintenance (up to 10% travel)
- Ensure project alignment with PMO workflows and guidance and assist project team in understanding best practices and procedures.
- Review RFQ's to identify pursuits, prepare technical proposals, organize technical clarifications internally and externally, and follow up on key pursuits with stakeholders (local BD leads).
- Prepare material for client presentations including system demonstrations and slide packs.
- No direct reports but will serve as a technical resource for other engineers and developers, reviewing and advising less experienced engineers and training/mentoring new hires.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors, Master's, or Ph.D in Chemical, Petroleum, or Mechanical Engineering preferred, with other engineering disciplines considered
- Minimum of 8 years related simulation or design experience
- Sound technical knowledge of fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and thermodynamics
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills. Innovative and able to independently investigate and explore solutions to a given problem or objective.
- Ability to dynamically collaborate with a team using modern workflows (e.g. Microsoft Teams, issue / task tracking systems, etc.).
- Conscientiousness, organized, and ability to work well on multidisciplinary team
- Experience with object-oriented programming not required but preferred
- Must be a US citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.