Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Process Engineer & Department Manager to join our Life Sciences team (Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals) to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients. We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
While this position will report into our Philadelphia location, due to our current remote capacity, we are also considering candidates outside of the Philadelphia area.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
- Responsibility for process engineering staff across all North America
- Desire to grow the department, aspirations to lead the global process engineering resources of Wood
- Direct supervision of a talented and growing process department:
- Forecast workload for department, provide staffing needs to Director of Engineering
- Ensure each group member is fully utilized
- Assignment of team members to projects
- Schedule regular department meetings to foster communication and development
- Perform mid and end of year reviews
- Help to set employee performance goals for the year
- Lead recruiting, interviewing, and selection of new candidates
- Develop and implement training initiatives for the department
- Participate in Business Development activities including proposal preparation and client presentations
- Leading process design teams (upstream, downstream, utilities, fill & finish)
- Developing process flow diagrams to define heat and material balance(s)
- Establishing a process design basis, developing process options, and optimization of selected design
- Designing and creating Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Support of proposals by authoring technical sections
- Preparing bid and purchase specifications for processing equipment (e.g. chromatography columns, pressure vessels, bioreactors, filtration skids)
- Calculating loads for clean utilities, line sizing, and distribution design (e.g. water for injection, clean steam, process gases)
- Participating in project planning, cost development, and project scheduling
- Maintaining effective communication with project team members and clients
- Calculating and organizing data for other disciplines (e.g. instrument data for I&C or electrical loadings)
- Coaching and support of other process engineers
- Review of submittals and shop drawings
- Response to construction Requests for Information (RFIs)
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience within Life Science Industry required
- Minimum of 15 years' experience
- BS or MS in chemical / mechanical / bio engineering required
- Flexibility to travel (~10%)
- Knowledge of cGMPs preferred
- International experience preferred
- P.E. license is not required, but preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.