Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Life Sciences team within our Philadelphia office to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction. Excellent oral and written communication skills, decision making capabilities, problem resolution skills, and a sense of initiative are important for this industry.
- Involved in developing HVAC / Mechanical design documents for biotech and pharmaceutical facilities including:
- Utility system sizing calculations
- HVAC airflow and instrumentation diagrams
- Pressurization diagrams
- Zoning plans
- Utility system hydronic and instrumentation diagrams
- General arrangement plans
- Involved in developing specifications, control strategies, and sequence of operations for Building Management Systems
- Coordinating work with process engineers and architects to define utility requirements for utility generation and distribution systems
- Preparing bid and purchase specifications for mechanical equipment (e.g. HVAC Systems, boilers, chillers)
- Performing field surveys and evaluate condition of existing equipment and systems
- Involved in developing of Plumbing Fire Protection System Performance Specification and Classification Plans for small projects
- Reviewing submittals and shop drawings, provide general Construction Administration support
- Involved in developing final construction documents including plans, specifications, schedules, and details
Skills / Qualifications
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in a similar position for Biotech and Pharmaceutical industry
- Required computer skills: AutoCAD, Revit 3D modeling
- Preferred computer skills: PipeFlo, CFD Airflow Modeling
- Hybrid Working Office Environment (employee can select days working from home or from the office)
- Flexibility to travel (max of 10% annually)
- Knowledge of cGMPs preferred
- Knowledge of building mechanical and lift safety codes preferred
- International experience preferred
- LEED-AP and/or CEM credential is desirable
- Experience with sustainable design, alternative energy, energy audits, and USGBC Commissioning is preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.