The Senior Manager will manage a set of diversified responsibilities in the Akorn Operations Technical Services organization. The Senior Manager provides business and technical leadership for a range of projects including product transfers, material qualifications, process changes, and line extensions in the area of injectable, ophthalmic, oral, nasal and topical drugs. These projects involve Akorn manufacturing operations both domestic and international. This role involves both strategic and tactical responsibilities.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Drive implementation of operations projects by establishing strategies, schedules, budgets, and financial analysis via transfer plans.
- Lead and manage several direct reports as well as multi-site project teams both domestic and international effectively to ensure that they are delivered on time, on budget and to the agreed to quality standard.
- Assess technical challenges, provide clear strategies for remediation and lead project teams to implement remediation activities.
- Provide clear direction to the teams on requirements in order to meet expectations of all stakeholders
- Interact through program updates and reviews with senior management.
- Conduct team meetings with internal and external stakeholders. Develop agendas, minutes and actions plans for the team.
- Identify, elevate as needed, and resolved project issues with minimal impacts. Provide recommendations to senior management for elevated issues.
- Exhibit excellent communication, team building and time management skills to meet the expectations of the stakeholders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong leadership experience, business acumen, organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Ability and willingness to travel is required.
- Knowledge of applicable US and International quality and regulatory standards and requirement for the Pharmaceutical industry including Good Manufacturing and Good Laboratory Practices.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in collaborating and influencing cross-functional groups.
- Demonstrated competencies in all aspects of project management and pharmaceutical development.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- BS/BA degree in engineering or health sciences required; MS preferred
- Minimum of 7+ yearsâ€™ pharmaceutical operations or R&D and/or project management experience including pharmaceutical product transfers.
- Experience in injectable, lyophilized, aseptically processed pharmaceutical products is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires prolonged sitting. Additionally, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriately. Additional physical and mental requirements include:Ability to hear accurately the spoken word with moderate office noise or plant noiseAbility to apply deductive reasoning and understand complicated issuesAbility to receive instructions and follow work rules and company policiesAbility to follow safety and security practicesAbility to meet deadlines and effectively deal with office stressAbility to accurately communicate ideas, facts and technical informationMaintain confidentiality of certain informationCompany Overview Who we are?
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.