American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Senior Manager, Finance is responsible for directing and coordinating finance and reporting functions. The position will have an active role in the preparation, review and understanding of monthly operational and financial reports and analysis for both internal management and external parties, the company budgeting process, and corporate models for projections.
- Reviews and proofs the work of the team in departmental responsibility areas such as management reporting and analysis, capital markets external reporting and analysis, SEC reporting, debt compliance reporting, budgeting, and forecasting, and portfolio operating metrics.
- Responsible for company-wide budgeting process. Partners with operational and accounting peers in order to help manage the process for gathering information to update operating budgets.
- Builds and develops effective teams, ensuring alignment with department and corporate goals and initiatives. Ensures team completes all month and quarter end deliverables in accordance with Company and departmental deadlines.
- Supports department by performing ad hoc research and analysis as requested.
- Works with 3rd parties to review and help coordinate valuation of Company assets and other financial instruments.
- Supports reporting function by participating in development and automation of key analytical reports.
- Participates in presentations and key meetings with management regarding company performance and related issues.
- Ensures departmental compliance with SOX through implementation and maintenance of controls as well as process initiatives.
- Provides assistance with technical accounting research as well as drafting of accounting memos/position papers, as needed.
- Assists in development of departmental processes including training, mentoring and evaluation of respective staff as appropriate.
- Ensures and complies with all organizational systems, programs, training, policies, and procedures as required and complies with relevant legal mandates. Seeks guidance as necessary.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner.
- Handles various other duties as delegated by the Director of Finance.
Work where you feel right at home -
- Equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and 7+ years of experience in related field or and/or similar department functionality
- MBA, CPA license preferred
- Real Estate industry/REIT experience required
- High level understanding of GAAP accounting and financial statements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required, specifically Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP and other advanced functions
- Knowledge of MS Office, Yardi Voyager, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, preferred
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize the most complex business/financial data and draw conclusions
- Ability to focus/ align department around critical initiatives of the Company and facilitate progressive change
- Capable of compiling the necessary information to develop schedules in response to ad hoc requests from the CEO and CFO
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon! #LI-PC1 #LI-HybridRelated Keywords:
Senior finance manager, manager, finance, accounting, certified public accountant, CPA, real estate, REIT, property management, full time
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy
This job has expired.