Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Information Services (IS) Technician to join our friendly and collaborative team in reporting to our Information Services Manager. If you are looking to continue your career in IT, consider this exciting opportunity based in one of the GHD Pennsylvania offices!
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
What you will bring to the team:
- Be an active member of a supportive and customer service-oriented team.
- Complete assigned tasks via our ticketing system, IS Manager and other business sources to meet or exceed service level requirements, diagnose, and resolve client issues related to hardware, telephone, printers, software etc.
- Accurately update and/or log all tasks/client requests in the ticketing system while documenting solutions against all IT tickets.
- Effectively diagnose and resolve client issues to minimize reoccurrence.
- Escalate and coordinate incidents with other relevant internal IS staff members (i.e. Systems, Network, Software, Security, etc.) providing appropriate background information.
- Assist in the deployment of IS systems, projects and initiatives.
- Perform asset management activities, both hardware and software in accordance with GHD policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively and build productive and supportive relationships with other IS teams in your office/region.
- Maintain integrity and governance by adhering to standard service desk procedures and IS security protocols.
- Educate and coach clients to increase their technical skills and encourage self-service.
- Continually build your knowledge of GHD's business and technologies and keep up to date on industry trends and technologies.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a helpdesk/desktop support role or similar.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field is desirable
- You will be a strong team player, with a desire to learn, have resilience and be proactive.
- You will possess a sound technical knowledge of operating systems, key hardware, and software applications. Additionally, a knowledge of Active Directory, User and Computers, Security Groups, Microsoft 365 and Azure is desirable.
- Some exposure to network cabling,TCP/IP networks and server infrastructure will also be a requirement of this position.
- Excellent client service/communication skills together with good IT problem solving skills.
- Patient attitude and ability to communicate with users of varying expertise and seniority.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
This job has expired.