Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. (MEPPI) is looking for Senior HVAC Technicians to join our team at our Melville, NY location for our Transportation Systems Division. Apply now to join the Mitsubishi Electric team to service our commuter rail systems. In this role you will perform assembly, repair, wiring, testing, diagnostics and troubleshooting of electronic and electro-mechanical products, both high voltage and low voltage of the Transportation Systems Division (TSD).
This is a Direct Hire position. Positions are available on first shift working in a clean, temperature-controlled environment.
Successful candidate(s) will receive a full benefits package including:
- $30.28/hour with rate increases at 6, 12 and 24 months
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Profit sharing program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Personal Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Perform any of the Technician I and II duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Perform functional acceptance testing on TSD products in accordance with documented processes, procedures and instructions using electronic testing, diagnostic and measuring devices. Such devices include meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies and function generators.
- Perform high voltage insulation testing on products in accordance with documented processes, procedures and instructions.
- Perform electro-mechanical repair, overhaul and modification of TSD products according to drawings, bills of materials, procedures, check sheets and other work instructions.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on products to isolate causes of failures.
- Inspect incoming repair units and suggest required scope of work including labor, parts and supplies.
- Assist Field Service with identifying resolutions for failures from the field.
- Advise on warranty claims and prepare reports on unrecoverable cost.
- Use various hand and power tools correctly and safely to assemble sub-assemblies and products.
- Read, interpret and understand technical drawings, mechanical blueprints, electrical schematics and bills of materials.
- Perform refrigerant related tasks such as reclaiming, measuring, charging pressure testing and evacuating HVAC units (HVAC products and services requirement).
- Complete failure reporting to provide necessary data to engineering for problem resolution.
- Assemble and disassemble products in preparing, conducting and completing product testing.
- Perform visual inspection of test equipment for potential hazards and failures.
- Complete process check sheets, daily production sheets and other daily reporting and paperwork according to Company procedures.
- Know MEPPI's Quality, Safety and Environmental policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work.
This job has expired.
- Associate's Degree in electronics or related-technical field with minimum 4 years' experience in the assembly/ manufacture, repair/servicing, and testing of electro-mechanical products, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced mechanical skills as demonstrated by the proper use of hand and power tools.
- Advanced electrical skills as demonstrated by proper wiring and assembly techniques.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Applicable safety/operations training required to operate certain machinery and equipment (e.g., powered industrial truck and crane).
- EPA Section 608 certification (HVAC products and services requirement)
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, mechanical diagrams, electrical schematics, and bills of materials.
- Ability to judge the quality of sub-assemblies, assemblies and tests compared to established standards, drawings, and instructions.
- General computer skills with emphasis on MS Office products and ERP systems.