As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Senior Financial Analyst supports the Finance department and IT assigned client group. Prepares short-term and long-term financial planning and/or financial analysis of business operations along with measuring and forecasting future departmental performance. Prepares, collects, tracks, validates, and interprets financial information; creates and maintains budgets, reports, forecasts and conducts financial analyses of proposals. Provides financial analysis support to the Information Technology department by assisting with preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial analysis schedules of actual vs. budget variances. Manages program and project implementation and makes significant contributions to departmental goals and planning efforts. A self-starter - problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
- Creates and maintains a detailed annual budget. Analyzes budget versus actuals on a monthly basis and provides monthly summaries to senior leadership.
- Works with various leaders within IT to build out project level budgets. Analyzes budget versus actuals and provides routine updates to the project owner.
- Partners with various departments to ensure IT costs are being captured and coded correctly.
- Supports department by performing ad hoc analysis as requested.
Work where you feel right at home
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Minimum of three to five (4-6) years of experience in related field
- Basic understanding of GAAP accounting and financial statements
- Basic understanding of SOX compliance
- Knowledge of MS Office, Yardi Voyager, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, preferred
- CPA preferred but not required
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions
- Microsoft Excel skills required, specifically Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, and other advanced functions
- Must be able to pay close attention to details and implement process improvement changes.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently as well as being an effective member of project teams
- Ability to work in a tight deadline environment and willingness to redirect focus to time sensitive projects
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and break down barriers across departments/diverse cultures
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!Related Keywords
Finance jobs, finance careers, now hiring accounting, analytics, financial analysis jobs, fp&a jobs, fp&a careers, financial planning and analysis jobs, forecasting, budget analysis, #LI-PC1
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy
This job has expired.